Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my new project arrived today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AV8Paul, Dec 9, 2008.

1. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Now that my AV8 is pretty much done, I've been looking for a new project. My dream was to recreate my high school ride. That was a neat old '34 PU. Couldn't find one that I could afford, so I settled on my second most fav, a '52 PU. I had one 36 years ago, but let it slip thru my fingers. I trade a Model A four-banger for this truck straight up. Plans are to restore the chassis and let the patina continue to develope. It's all original and pretty much complete. It's already got headers and Smitty's. Maybe some new wheels and a spotlight, but what you see is what you get. Oh, I'll probably fix the hole in the fender.

Attached Files:

2. Terraizer

Terraizer

Very cool, my first truck was a 1952 F-2, and boy do i wish i would have not sold it.

3. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Congrats Paul - looks great! Love the patina! I was originally going to do an F-1 but found it too big for my small shop so did the "A" instead. Good score and good luck! Regards, Dave.

4. I like your truck, good luck with it.
    These 48-52's are gettin pretty popular now; my next project is a 48 Ford truck.

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, please do this. Love the truck. Don't love the hole.

6. nice start -looks pretty solid

7. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Kool Truck! My dad is working on a 1950 F-1!:)

8. moparjack44

moparjack44

Kooool. Keep those seat covers.
    Jack

9. Good luck with the dream Paul - recreating your high school ride is a labour of love - perhaps more so than any other "normal" projects....

Good start !!

Rat

10. Firecracker

Firecracker

That's a good looking turck. I got a buddy that's been lookin for something like that, but he's had no luck. It looks like you have a really good start though

11. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the positive encouragement, guys. It is a pretty solid truck except for the fenders and runningboards. I'll be replacing them for sure. First off, I have to get my AV8 blown apart and do a rust inspection and some rear chassis work. Then I'll get going on the truck. Plans are to take it totaly apart. I think I'll buy a sandblaster....be cheaper than renting one every weekend.......an then buy 20 bags of "black beauty."

12. Vorhese

Vorhese

"patina"? I'd try to stop that rust while you have a truck.

13. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

What "rust"?? thats PPG's newest single stage... "New England textured metallic brown" :D! good luck Paul! I'd love to give you a hand with the AV8 cuz mine will be getting the same treatment and more!

14. 53Chief

53Chief

that hole can be considered an "intake" by some...

15. Cshabang

Cshabang

Congrats Paul...I always loved these trucks...