Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new project 1951 Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aw1950, Oct 18, 2010.

1. IMG_3871.JPG IMG_3872.JPG IMG_3873.JPG IMG_3874.JPG

So here is the rest of a future project . Sedan to 5 window will be my challenge. As I said retirement project . Frame was removed and the other that comes with the project will arrive in a couple weeks

2. 4.10 open diff for some low end torque for summer cruising and showing off a bit lol

impala4speed likes this.
  3. You all can pick out the coupe window , right???

4. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are insane. Truly inspirational on the Buick but damn Bro! I get tired just watching you.

1biggeorge and aw1950 like this.
  5. So , it has been a while but still at it , Currently the Buick is undergoing final blocking , it's super smooth , just like glass . If I can refrain from screwing up the final paint it should be pretty cool looking . These pictures seem redundant but it lends itself to how many times a car is blocked to achieve a nice smooth paint job . I have painted the rest of the inner fenders along with the front header panel that is under the hood . Today that area has now been masked off to prevent overspray as much as possible . The dash is now protected as well to prevent overspray . I have about 12 hours of fabrication left in both door openings . Once that is completed I will continue on with the final paint out . Lace roof job included . Pictures will be uploaded once completed . Faithfull , stay tuned LOL !
    P.S. Its some hard to stay focused when the next project is just outside waiting its turn LOL !!

Attached Files:

6. Here's a few pics. Paint is starting to be applied. Hopefully painted by Friday this week. Sorry , pictures are out of sequence but you get the jist of it LOL

Attached Files:

7. Okay ,so, its been a while since a post . Technical issues with my e-mail . I have been busy . Paint was laid down in May . Reassembly started a few days later . Weather stripping , wiring . glass install , cleaning , . Had to change front springs as the new cut ones had settled over these years and now the fenders rubbed. I had cut them when I installed them as they were new and the settlement happened . Lesson learned on that one LOL.
    Emergency brake system was next on the list , done , Plumbed the fuel line, installed a aftermarket wiper system , I hope I don't have to use them often as they are terribly noisy. RainX is in my future !!
    As you can see also I am in process of a console center for beverage holder , power seat switches , engine vital gauges, and yet to cut out for a radio , with room for something else down the road ??
    The console will be covered in the matching vinyl that I have picked up .
    Stay tuned as there is continuing work being done and I will post

Attached Files:

8. Ooops ! , heres the console pics ! LOL

Attached Files:

Copper Top and 54delray like this.
  9. You are on the home stretch, fantastic work, good for you.

54delray and aw1950 like this.
  10. Thanks, its a good feeling but still a lot of work, I am sure you know that . By chance do you take in the Atlantic Nationals ?

54delray likes this.
  11. I was there once in 2018, and once before the Nats, when it was The Moncton Rod Run.

aw1950 likes this.