Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My new project 1928 Ford with Flathead

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Frenchy Dehoux, Aug 2, 2011.

1. A few changes from the weekend my son did not like the cross brace and we decided to cut it off and build a new one that would fit better and been able to install the hurst shifter see pictures.

Frenchy

Attached Files:

2. We worked on the project last night and this is what we did. Made the trans mount to fit near the linkage area. The last two pictures showing the two bolts where the plate will be welded in to the brace.

Frenchy

Attached Files:

3. Moving right along with this project here are a few pictures showing where we are as of today. My son is doing a great job on my project he made the pedal assembly to fit level with the floor and made the transmission mount to fit under the cross brace we will be making our own trans mount with a solid piece of rubber. Also the rear shocks and mount to be installed inboard looks better.

Frenchy

Attached Files:

4. I brought the car home this past weekend from my son's shop to start installing the brake lines,fuel lines, installing the steering column and figure out the pedal assembly etc ...Here are a few pictures. I also have the oval fuel tank on order from the Hot Rod shop.

Thanks
    Frenchy

Attached Files:

5. brady1929

brady1929

6. I need to stop by the shop sometime.

Frenchy

7. brady1929

brady1929

Unfortunately, nothing impressive to see here.

8. I got a pair of front shocks and I did not like the dust cover so I decided to cut them off which gives a better look also if you polish the stainless shaft looks better they will be painted gloss black.

Frenchy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  9. Lookin' GOOD, "Dr. Detail" (I still think it needs a 2276 w/IDAs and BRMs, though...)

8=)

10. rory_a

rory_a
    from Sparks, NV

Awesome work Frenchy. Coming along nicely.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Thank You !!

Frenchy

12. Nice keep the updates coming.

13. I need a 16 splines yoke for my 1952 Mercury transmission. Do I need to measure the inside of the transmission to the outside edge and how easy for me to locate one of them.

Thanks

Frenchy

Attached Files:

14. Had the chance to work on my project for the last 3 days or so. Ran the brake lines through the frame from the front to the rear. The rear brake line took a while to figure out the best way for routing. Also the clutch cylinder and the brake pedals modifications for the proper angle of the pads. Also made the hoop for the driveshaft for clearance of the body. Fuel line was routed as well and will be going along the frame to the rear where the fuel tank will be installed on top of the buggy spring frame. The brake and fuel lines will be painted black the only detail will be the fittings they will be polished.We modified the pedals so that the steering column would fit better between them and not rubbing against it.The hoop will be trimmed at the bottom to fit evenly with the bar.I still need a yoke for the trans which has 16 splines so I can have a driveshaft made to fit

Thanks

Frenchy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  15. A bit more progress this past week did the fuel lines and finish the rear brake line to the frame with a flexible rubber line. All of the fuel lines will have a compressed ring to join the rubber hose. All of the brake and fuel lines will be painted gloss black and the brakets will be polished. I also started to work on the firewall. I have decided to remove the brass fittings and figure out a better way looking to cheesee.

Thanks
    Frenchy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  16. Made some progress on the 31 project yesterday. We made our firewall from various other firewall to fit because originally the body was narrowed 6 inches so the Duval windshield would look appropriate to the body lines. Next I will make the rest of the firewall once I have the template made. Inside the body I had to cut part of the floor board for the driveshaft hoop to fit.

Frenchy

Attached Files:

17. I did accomplish a lot these past few days the firewall was the main area I wanted to get done and was able to fit the steering column as well. I have my parts from Speedway arriving this afternoon and wanted the firewall completed.

Thanks
    Frenchy

Attached Files:

18. A few updates the firewall is done also installed the Beehive oil filter I will have to modify the bracket so the filter is level because of the firewall is at an angle. Also made the wood floor for the inside of the car with 3/4 plywood that will be painted black with a rubber mat sitting on top. The seats I bought at Bass Pro shop and they will be redone in black with gold stiching with the V8 logo in the center also in gold. The body will be done in flat black with the Duval windshield polish brass the engine will be painted in gold close match to the windshield frame. The headlight buckets are going and be gloss black and the headlight rings in brass the fuel tank is the oval style and will be painted gloss black with the brass straps. Dash panel gloss black with the gold style gauges. I will be posting more pictures as I move along.

Thanks
    Frenchy

Attached Files:

19. Very nice job!