Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my new pickup. 1928-29...ish model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kingpins, Feb 13, 2012.

1. kingpins

kingpins

and as far as the FI banger in it im so glad I went through with it iowamercman. it transforms the pickup into a whole other level to me. I built this truck to drive literally every day and handle traffic, pot holes, stop and go with the dependability of a modern off the lot new car. I tried my best to hide everything modern to keep the traditional "styling" I wanted. its a dream of mine to drive a pickup this old and not have that pit or nervous feeling in my stomach I got when driving old motors not knowing if I was going to brake down. im not that great with motors so I want something I don't want to have to tinker on or adjust things. thianks for the kind words and your truck looks awesome!

2. kingpins

kingpins

3. kingpins

kingpins

4. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice truck. I really like the lines of the cab.

Nice work -

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  5. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead but I had a couple questions for kingpins.
    I love the look stance and profile of the truck. Perfect for a daily driver.
    You said that your running a four inch drop axle in the front, what spring are you using? What size tires in the front?
    You are using hairpins for the front, what length? I am going to run fenders and am trying to decide if I should split the stock wishbone or use hairpins. Are you using a front panhard rod? Any problems fitting the motor with the steering? Oil pan?
    Since you have been driving it for a bit, anything you would change to the suspension setup?
    Thanks again.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. brady1929

brady1929

Awesome truck