Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new Jalopy Roadster pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-cal Tex, Oct 21, 2005.

1. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Yeah I know I have to change my avatar now to " Bought.....not built"

I sold my sedan project to good home. Cooter in Ontario bought it and let me keep my '36 Ford headlights I have had forever to go on this car. That is one cool HAMB brother.

Some of you have seen this car before at Vegas or Paso, but I will give you some history behind it. The body and some parts were originally customized in the 1950's. The body was orignally a '36 3 window turned roadster. It has been sectioned and channeled.The decklid filled. Marvin the owner of the Classic Malt shop built the car this time around. He has had some cars in OSR and few Japanesse Mags. Any ways is a custom 2x4 steel frame Zed front and rear, 9 inch channel on the body, Old chromed '40 axle and wishbones, '56 chevy rear end, SW guages, '40 Ford column and shifter, 327 SBC with lakes pipes and a powerglide, Duvall windshield. The car is good start and NEEDS ALOT of finish work, but that is what I am good at.

I will be asking alot of questions so please bear with me.

Later

Tex

Attached Files:

2. thats cool, i think it needs a diffent grill for sure, maybe 37-38 truck?

3. Yes it has a 50s look allright! Question though, do the dors open? Or because it is so low do you just kind of "step into it"? :D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

4. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

The doors are fully functional, but are currently held shut with c-clamps. I have ordered a set of generic latches and strikers that I will install soon.

For he time being I just step over the door and sit down.

5. Tommy C

Tommy C

Congrats on the roadster...looks cool, I like it! TC

6. Mootz

Mootz

Nothing wrong with buying a driving project. Something you can enjoy while working on it. A lot of people get burnt out before they get done and never get to actually enjoy it. Have fun and drive the shit out of it. Cool car.

Mootz

7. Clark

Clark

I agree with BB&S ...it needs a different grill. Otherewise it's a neat car.
    Clark

8. Brad S.

Brad S.

Can you get some close ups of the ass end?
    I want to see how the back was cut down to make that short rear.

Nice looking roadster. This is a direction I'm looking in for my 37 Dodge.

9. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

When they sectioned it in the '50s you can't tell where they cut it, but it is about 18-24 inches shorter in the rear than a stock '36 Ford roadster. I like the way they did it.

I think of it as a rolling project that I can work on in segments and keep driving it.

10. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

check out the Black Panther ready to strike in the second pic...:)
    Hahaha that is a cool car man..

11. Built2Ride

Built2Ride

I like it. It's a bit different than all the A roadsters goin on now, nothing wrong with them either! Don't mind the grill. I also like the blue, instead of red, on this one. Ken

12. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Cool start, ain't nothing wrong with getting something thats drivable and making it your own.

13. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Congrats! Nice car!

14. rattlecanrods

rattlecanrods

Nice ride.... Looks like a ton'o'fun... I agree with the other guys on the grille change. The current setup has an interupted flow.

Here is a thought... Set the motor back further into the firewall and bring the rad with it - mount the rad a little lower and run a '34 ford grille canted back a little more than stock. This might let the grille flow with the wind screen a little better. Then drive the piss outa it!!

If I get a chance I might sketch this up... Do you have any good side shots?

15. Crankhole

Crankhole

Nice! I can see why you decided to get rid of the A. Nothing like having a not only rolling, but driving project. Not that I'd know how that feels. Boo hoo.

Thanks for the good words and hope to see you at some shows with your new ride.
    -COOTER

16. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

You read my mind on the '34 grill laid back. The firewall on the '36 is like a '33 or '34 Ford so I think the '34 grill would look great. Now all I need is a small loan to buy one because IT HAS TO BE STEEL OR IT AINT REAL.

I have some side shots at home, but if you used photo shop to show what he '34 grill would look like that would be great!
    Thanks
    Tex

17. rattlecanrods

rattlecanrods

Glad you had the same thoughts.

If you get a chance please email some shots to [email protected] and I'll draw it up.

No photoshop here, though it would probably be quicker. I usually do all my design work by hand and to scale.... call it a sickness... For scale purposes what size rims are you running?

Thanks

18. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

The rims currently on the car are 15s but I will have 16inch Ford steelies all the way around soon. 600-16 front and 750-16 rear whitewalls.

I will try to find some time to email pics from home. I don't have any saved here on my computer at work.

Thanks for the offer.

19. Clark

Clark

Try a 35/35 truck grill narrowed. They're cheaper and will cover the radiator.
    Clark

Attached Files:

20. kustomd

kustomd

Wasn't that car on ebay a while back for sale? It was primer grey if I remember right and everyone on here was giving it shit because of something about it but I don't remember what.

It does look good tho and I'd drive the shit out of it to.

21. That neighborhood, and that house, look vaguely familiar, Doug... 8=)

Congrats, looks good, and I know you'll have it lookin' even more badass soon.

22. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Must be another car, because the builder is not a computer savy guy and it has been in black paint or black primer since he built it.

23. That damn cat's going to piss on/in it!

24. Winfab

Winfab

Is the air cleaner a marine flame arrester, like Nicson? Hard to tell from the shots.....I like it.