Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My new find. What do you think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doctorterry, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442891762.176335.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442891784.786057.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442891813.933726.jpg

I found this bad boy in a lady's garage. Actually my girlfriend did haha '27 model T correct? What do you all see the value to be? What would you do with it?

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  2. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

For that car....either stock or a full fendered banger Gow Job.

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. I see a long weekend washing and another few days vacuuming and washing, at the very least. :D

Doctorterry and volvobrynk like this.
  4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks like more fun than the last one.

Doctorterry and volvobrynk like this.

5. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

I'll say this...now your cooking with gas much much better than a goofed up Econoline.

kiwijeff, Doctorterry and volvobrynk like this.
  6. Don't chop it.

51 BIRD likes this.
  7. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

First of, if a girl finds you an Tall T, ask her to marry you or at the very least by her dinner!!

There is a lot of potential in that car! Think.long and hard about chopping it, don't think about channeling it.

If you can drive a stick and can find someone to teach you to drive an T you are Golden.

Other then clean and have fun. Drive at least fifty miles in it before you desire, what to cut, what to swap and what has to go!

Buy my first ideer would be model a brakes and drivetrain with 21 inch wires. Maybe a bump in compression and two stock updraft carbs. And tear up the streets pre-WW2 style.
    Driveway paint job, with enamel and black'n'decker or brush.

8. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Some thing like this. Have you asked here out yet?
    Seller got an ideer?

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

Cool idea!! I wouldn't leave it stock long term... I'm still learning the era correct ways of the hotrod life style so please don't give me a hard time if I am wrong with any ideas... But I was thinking about putting a flat head in it. A 3 speed... Probably take off the hood but of course I could always put that back on. What about fenders? On or off? Put the axle in front of the grille? of course this is all "if" it can be bought...

10. toml24

toml24

Please, please don't chop it. It has survived this long for a reason: To be preserved in its original profile.

Hnstray likes this.
  11. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

When is someone gonna design the "quick change roof"? Chopped one day, stock the other

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I can empesize enough, think long and hard about chopping it. The look good chopped they look good tall, but it's hard to go back.
    They don't need the motor to be taller then the cowl. And never have your grill higher then the cowl!

Other then that search for the Tidy T or the elza build on here.
    There are good examples of what you can do, and spend at least 50 bucks on vintage car mags. There are some nice rods that can give you an ideer of what to do. Mixing and matching between cars is okay but stick to the same decade, and you will be fine.

13. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Maybe you will will be that guy. ;):cool:

14. Keep the fenders and the hood,leave the axle where it's suppose to be,you don't see too many tall T's that are not chopped to death anymore. HRP

A couple of nice examples ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You are young enough to be the first.

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

17. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

18. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  19. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

20. If your going to Hot Rod it, your in the right place.
    If you wanna leave it stock, run off over to Ford Barn.

Since your asking here, if you like stock roof height, leave the fenders on, if you want to chop it, remove fenders.

If your to young and inexpieranced, clean it and sell it for a profit, then buy something already Rodded.

Good luck.

hrm2k likes this.
  21. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

Isn't 17 and curious the perfect age to find out with experience?? Between me, my dad, and my all knowing grandfather, we could get 'er done

volvobrynk and kiwijeff like this.
  22. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

23. Sure is.
    That's why I listed my idea of your options. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
    Go hard!

24. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

You have found a good platform to pursue your dreams of building a very cool hot rod, now to figure out exactly what you want and make good plans before tearing into it too far. Worst thing you can do is go off half cocked and tear everything apart and get overwhelmed and then give up on it.

kiwijeff likes this.