Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new favorite shop supply...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bugman, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Bugman

Bugman

I don't know how I ever lived without this stuff. 3M's blue plastic tape. It's way more fun than the mask and razor method of taping. [​IMG]

2. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Oh yeah, That's the stuff you want for very thin (i.e. sandable) tape lines...and for laying out flames...If you do a base/clear paint job, and lay your flames out with this, you can bury them in the clear...after wet sanding, they'll be invisible to the touch...just my .02...

3. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

You should try spray mask, sprays out like elmers glue, dries clear, then you draw your graphics and cut with a blade... all the masking is done.. and your set to go..

4. There is another tape like the blue that is Orange, lays out even better!

5. Just don't stretch it too hard when laying out your design,or it will shrink back and cause bleeding.

6. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Couldn't agree more, that blue tape's great, recently used it to paper-wrap the wraparound rear window on my '57 Effie for detailed paint stripping, really did the trick well, even when kept on for a long while.