Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new Coupe FINISHED AT LAST

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59elky, Apr 30, 2007.

1. That rod looks sinister!!!:eek:

2. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

AWESOME! looking forward to seeing it next weekend!

3. I'll gladly give you your money back plus a little for your time for it... :)

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

i think the correct word is.. SWEET...:D good luck and now have fun showin it off..............rooster

5. Bitchin, just bitchin. Wish I could work that fast!:cool:

6. pecker head

pecker head

7. 59elky

59elky

The m.cyl. is a corvette under the floor and the clutch is just rod linkage hooked to a 32 style arm turned down.
    I don't have any closeups of the frontend. The shocks are 48 Fords mounted off the shackles. Spring mounts off a perch welded through the bone not just one side.

8. bustingear

bustingear

The car looks great and the workmanship is great also. One complaint on my part is that in my opinion the natural body lines of an early ford coupe are ruined when the rear tires are taller than the trunk deck. To each his own i guess but the asthetics do not work for me. All else is great however.

9. Gator

Gator

No, that was the first mock up. Jason bought just the body, made his own frame and then scrounged the rest of the parts off here, Fordbarn, Ebay, swap meets, etc.

I think that's the same motor, since it was running when he swapped for it he'd planned on just resealing it but ended up having to completely go through it, it had a couple of stuck exhaust valves and a ton of sludge in the pan. Otherwise it would have probably been built for around $3500.

10. sololobo

sololobo

Incredible man, what a great hi-rise manifold. Tasty as can be, enjoy the summer brother._Sololobo

11. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Excellent! Thanks for the info!

When you did the perch thru the bone, did you penatrate through and weld it on both sides or did you weld a sleeve in the bones to allow the perch to pivot?

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Agreed. Very nice build, though. Now, go dump the clutch and bust that banjo rear!

13. bigken

bigken

Looks fan-damn-tastic. Great job..........

14. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

Nicely done!, got any pics of the interior and dash?

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Kinda like Bustingear said. Not to criticize what you've done but I would like to see the rear raised about 2". It would get rid of the "taildragger" look (which I'm not fond of) and put the rear tire height about even with the trunk area. I think the overall proportions would be better. Just another one of those opinons/assholes things. Car does look good with a finished look to it. Hopefully rust, jagged metal and booger welds are on their way out.

Frank

16. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

17. Stone

Stone

18. Rolf

Rolf

Amen to that. Nice clean job, I agree with the slight butt raising, but that is probably just a personal thing.

19. Hardware

Hardware
    from West Coast

Outstanding! That thing just looks right. Good job.