Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new '57 Chev wagon...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Roy, Feb 24, 2008.

1. T-Roy

T-Roy

I bought my car last Wed from a guy who posted it on the HAMB a while back. It was originally posted in the classifieds back in October. There were no replies back to the ad, so I thought I'd take a chance and see if he still had the car. To my surprise, he had not SOLD the car! I couldn't believe it! I've wanted a 2 door '57 wagon for a looong time.

The white walls are Coker Classics, G78-15 fronts and L78-15 rears. I took advantage of my HAMB discount from Coker and ordered the tires before I bought the car. I ordered them on Monday and had them Wed. afternoon. Awesome service and great tires so far.

This is the day I bought the car - Wednesday...
    [​IMG]

With the new shoes on Thursday!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics to come...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Congrats bro.....nice ride......Great to see it found a good home.

3. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Very nice Troy, can't go wrong with a 2 door long roof. The wide whites were a great touch. Gonna lower it at all ? Gary

4. hoarder1212

hoarder1212

Sweet ride Congrats!!!!

5. T-Roy

T-Roy

It'll definitely lose some altitude, front and rear. I don't want to slam it. So, maybe 2-3 inches is all, but still want it to have a rake...

6. T-Roy

T-Roy

Thanks for the compliments guys. :D

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Cool! Glad to hear you are going to lower it some. Great looking car!

Malcolm

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Nice tires. Looks good.

9. sweeeeeeet!! congratz man!

10. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

Looks great, nice score.

11. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

Was the photo of your new 57 taken out by the big ROCK ??

[​IMG]

Looks like it a little. :)
    My wife and I went there last summer after the LA Roadster show. On the way to see the Golden Gate Bridge. Saw the Bixby Bridge too :rolleyes: It was built in 1932.

[​IMG]

Neat looking 57 ...
    I always liked them, I had a 57 sedan delivery back in the late 60's ... could not see out the sides to change lanes in traffic ... you wagon should be much better ... ENJOY the 57 ... :D

12. T-Roy

T-Roy

Hey Deuce,
    Yes I took the pics out by THE rock. The pics taken so far have just been with my cell phone. I just bought my wife a new Digital SLR Canon, so there are some much better pics coming soon. Thanks for the nice comments.

BTW, those are some really nice pics you posted.

13. Nailhead

Nailhead

Hey man ! Glad to see you finally got her ! Looks 110 X better whith the wide whites, very cool car...:cool:

Todd

14. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

You're a lucky man! Gorgeous car!
    You are sleeping and spending all waking hours in it,right?

15. T-Roy

T-Roy

Haha..As much as I can. I've still got a family to take care of. ;)

It's been a little neglected, but not bad. Friday night after the kids were in bed, I spent a few hours under the hood. Had planned to replace some leaky exh gaskets, but found that all the header bolts were not even finger tight. So. I tightened them up and tightened up the squeaky alt belt. It's got a funky home made lower alt bracket made of angle iron that won't let me adjust the belt any tighter. There's plenty of adjustment on the upper bracket, but the bottom of the alt hits the angle iron and won't let it roll over. Also ran the numbers off the pad in front of the pass cyl head. The motor was originally in a '71 A or B body car with a 4 speed. I figure it must've been in a Chevelle as the Impala (B body) would have been a really rare bird with a 4 speed. Not that this really matters, I just wanted to know for sure what I had. Don't know yet about the cyl heads. It's got a torquey cam and lots of back pressure, but don't know any specs.

Would eventually like to put a 4 speed in it...:D

16. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Cool Wagon.

Wagons are fun.

Looks alot better with the whites, and will look much better with a smiple lowering, like 2-3 inches!

Good luc kand Congrats on the new ride!

17. Nomadness

Nomadness

18. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i cant believe it wasn't sold when he listed it, man that is a sweet car!!!! and the wide whites really makes the cars look.

19. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

20. Nailhead

Nailhead

So have you decided what you're going to do about the missing grille ? Leave the grille bar in, or swap out for a Buick unit ????

21. Cruiser

Cruiser

T-Roy,

Very sweet and cool '57, the color looks real nice. I'll look forward to seeing it around the Central Coast and at Santa Maria. Congratulations from SLO TOWN..........

CRUISER :cool:

22. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

a really good looking wagon. don't like the whites

23. Sweet car man, has it got the original running gear? What other plans have you got for it?

Rat

24. noisey

noisey
    from central ok

beautiful wagon, I'd be grinnin too.

25. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Man, a nice view and a nice car. Good score, man.

26. nice wagon!! tires and wheels look cool

27. I second that, liked it better with the blackwall's and the caps.

CBB

28. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

The whites are great. I hate black walls on a 50's car....unless its a push car and sitting on the black top at Famoso.

2 door means its a handyman right? Tink so. Impala running gear is good stuff. Lots of parts and at least she'll get up and move a little better then if original.

You can buy replacement pieces for that bird easy enough. I'd also consider putting a light tint on those windows. It doesn't even seem to have the E Z Eye green. It'll get hot hot hot in there and if you darken the winders a lil, it'll make that roof not look so poofy and you'll only need a slight lowering to give the impression of a serious cruiser. It does get hot in Morro, I know. I had a blistering sunburn and an arm full of black bruises after just one Fourth of July.:D

It's all about the tricks of the eye. Cheap tricks at that rate.:D

29. T-Roy

T-Roy

Still haven't made a decision, but for now I'll put an emblem in the center and keep my eyes open for a stock grill. Maybe even buy a repop if I have to.

30. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Good lookin wagon, sounds like your happy and got a good deal, which makes it even better, I kinda liked the blackwalls, maybe would have changed the rims, but the whitewalls are cool, and with alittle lowering will look even cooler, now your ready for summer!
    -Anthony