Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new 56 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Dec 19, 2008.

1. The Shocker

The Shocker

Well i spent my funds wisely i think ,and bought this sucker.It is one nice 150 tudor ,with a new 350 (nice sounding cam) ,Muncie 4 spd. ,power disc brake conversion ,605 power box ,brand new interior glass,door seals ,gas tank ,sender,wiring harness,heater,etc .The body is nice but the paint job is old and some of the body work is showing its age .No rust original floors and trunk .The only rust is in the rockers and the guy gave me new rockers for it in the box.Its an absolute pleasure to drive and sounds like a million bucks with the cam full length headers and 2 chamber Blowmasters.I spent $11,500 for it but 2 door Tri-5's are better than money in the bank .With fresh paint and some Torque Thrusts its gunna be awesome.Im gunna repaint it Cinnamon Red ...

Attached Files:

2. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

Cool ! ! !, I kinda like the color it is.....I had a 55 about the same color

3. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

By the looks and sounds of things you did good...It looks like a great start!!

4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kongrats on the purchase. I still have my old '55 Chevy it was my car that
    I had in High school. I've always liked the Tri 5 Chevys. Looking forward to
    your changes to make it your own ride. Good luck!

Happy Trails,

Mick

5. Anderson

Anderson

Nice score! That's clean. I haven't been paying attention, did you get rid of the Fiat?

But another red tri-5 chevy with 5-spokes? Do something different...

6. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Sweet lookin 56...Congrats

7. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I love it! I think I like the yellow too. Good choice. :)

8. Quite a bargain! Enjoy it...

Joel

9. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Tourque-Thrusters? Nawwww... Leave the chrome reverse. Just dump it a little, add some white to those tires. Your done. Sweet either way. Good going.:)

10. paintcan54

paintcan54

'56s always loved them, had nine of them in my teen years. The one I loved most was a Belair 2 dr. I worked after school at a mans shop that built sprint cars and my pay was used parts. He help me put a straight axel under the front, '57 olds rear and a flip glass front dog house, 327 with old double hump heads and old used roller cam and 6 x 2 intake with a 4 speed. Drove it every day he helped me make fender well headers for it, then soon after it was all done I got drafted into the army so I sold it off boy was I dumb for doing that. Cool ride you have there take care of it I think the '56s are the best looking of the tri 5s.

11. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

All that car needs is an inch out of the front springs and front rim & tire width. Then don't change a thing, she's a beauty!

12. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Nice car.I always liked TRI-5's.I've had mine for about 13 years.Here's a pic of mine and my friends collection.Mine is all original with 59,000 original miles.I'm the 3rd owner.It was purchased at Felix Chevrolet.Good luck with yours.

Attached Files:

13. ...I like it "as is",...56 model 150's are my favorites. Looks great as it sits, but would look good a bit lower in front with whitewalls on the chromes ...or with grey spoke Americans & blackwalls without any lowering.

14. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Very nice! '56s are my favorite!

15. Good car.150s always looked tough.As you can tell by my avatar,I like 56 Chebbies,especially yellow ones.

16. Very Nice...when are you going to 'Gas' it. :)

17. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Nice grab. Those wheels painted black with some wide whites, and lowered would look awesome with that color yellow.

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Congrats!
    I like that color and the chrome wheels/blackwalls, also! Sounds like it'd be fun to drive....

Malcolm

19. nikdoestattoos

nikdoestattoos

Good deal.I like the color it is personaly.

20. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

Cool, love the 56,s. My Dad brought a new one home in 56! I said 'thats a great buy Dad!' ggggg I learned how to install spider gears in that car! And Dad wondered why the clutch wore out so fast!

21. Abomb

Abomb

I don't think I'd change a thing if it were mine....I'll trade you a 55 buick you can paint :D

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

just lowerer it

23. Butch M

Butch M

hey man..... thats cool.. love them 56.s

24. 2-TONED

2-TONED

good looking car! i dig the interior. a 4 speed,thumper cam, & it looks NON molested.
    yeah im with ya on the red. reds good! theres a 'reason' reds popular!! :)

25. Ramblur

Ramblur

Darn near perfect! Looks really well done without being overdone.
    And thats a real breath of fresh air considering most tri-fives that you
    see around today. (Hambers excluded of course)

26. Looks perfect as is!

27. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

You done good!

28. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

29. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I like the color too! Those wheels look like chrome ralleys that have the little nubs for hub caps on them; if so I'd put the stock dogdish caps on. It will look good/better, get a cap and see. And, I agree, 150 model 56's are my favorite also, and I've had 9 56's also, 5 of them 150's. Butch/56sedandelivery.

I also see it had V-8 emblems and a V-8 radiator/support; there were'nt a lot of 150's made with V-8's. Check the vin # and see if it's an original V-8 car, RARE.