Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs My new '54 Ford gauge face...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EchoOfGecko, Nov 17, 2010.

1. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

What do you guys think?

My original gauge face was pretty cracked, as you can see, and it seems everyone has replacements for pre '52 and post '54 Fords, but I couldn't find a single replacement for a '54. So I used the old one as a template and created new lettering in Illustrator, and the "Iris Kustomline logo in Photoshop. Actually I did two versions, I also did a plain white one just in case.

It's being printed on clear vinyl which I'm laying over some replacement acrylic lenses I had made up at the local plastic shop. Should hopefully be back from the printer today or tomorrow, can't wait to put it back together.

[​IMG]

2. RatBone

RatBone

very cool , put up pics of the finished one when you get it done! Hopefully the clear vinyl wont yellow...

3. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

I have something very similar to this, cept mine says Lowla! I will put up pics later.

4. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

Yea, I'm kinda interested to see how the vinyl will hold up over time. I lucked out and it was ready today, looks pretty good. Not quite as sharp as I had hoped but should work great for a gauge panel. I think if I were to do it again I might see about getting the acrylic screen printed. Might not even be much more expensive.

Waiting for some paint to dry on the pod and then I'll assemble it, more pics to come!

5. EchoOfGecko

EchoOfGecko

Here's the finished version (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)...

[​IMG]

6. RatBone

RatBone

looks great!

7. dirtbag13

dirtbag13