Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My new 53 chevy 4dr daily driver!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_Monster, May 28, 2010.

1. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

Put 3.08 gears in it, you can cruise the freeway plus tackle hilly regions without knocking it back too many gears.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  2. I'll bet that original interior has the great "old '53 Chevy" smell. Get rid of that Little Tree air freshener. They need an air freshener that smells like that interior. "Multi Doors" rule.

3. The_Monster

The_Monster

Indeed! The interior smells rad and musty. A unique aroma much like a mix between an old sweaty canvas army tent and ancient grease caked on the frame like dirt clods.

4. 1953naegle

1953naegle

Love those 4-doors! It seems like everyone nowadays covets the 2-door models, but the 4-door's a party car!

5. The_Monster

The_Monster

Dang! I just realized, I missed celebrating my 10 year anniversary of being a HAMB memeber back in September!! Haha! Well... Happy 10 year to me!

6. The_Monster

The_Monster

Im about to start my drivetrain swap. Removing my 235 inline, 3 speed, enclosed driveline and 3.55 rearend.

Ill be replacing it with a 250 inline, T5, open driveline and Nova Rearend. I have everything now except the driveline which Ill have made at the local shop once I know the measurements.

Heres my question: What would you pay for a freshly rebuilt, strong running 235 with build papers, a rebuilt 3 speed, driveline and a 3.55 rearend combo?

I want to sell it all as a package. What price would you think is a good deal?

Thanks!

7. just went through your whole thread...fun stuff...i was going to get a 53 four door too but fate sent me in another direction i have a 56 olds 4 door...but i stilllll love the 53...nice job

8. The_Monster

The_Monster

Thanks cobalt!
    Anyone want to take a stab at my drivetrain value question? What would you pay?

9. The_Monster

The_Monster

Heres my new grill! Flipped it upside down and it fits right in like it was a factory option! haha! And it accents the side lines as if it was made for it!
    Can you guess what it is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dannyreckless

dannyreckless
    from PNW

I feel like I've seen this out and about before.
    Could the grille be a merc or thunderbird grille?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

'62 Olds F-85?
    Got a special spot in my heart for the '53 moredoors; my mom had one when I was a kid:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  12. The_Monster

The_Monster

62 olds it is!! damn dude youre good! rad picture of you and your mom!