Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My new 39 pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod-40, Sep 29, 2011.

1. now i know why Chris let it go: the 38' 4dr. found a new home at his place so now he can haul the whole family around together in style!

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Retro tech?!?! Sounds like the latest wave! Or maybe a trade school...
    My advice would be to skip the "early billet" wheels and trim and just skip right to the Weld "flames series" wheels and trim! If you don't know what those are, pick up any mid nineties Street Rodder and suppress the urge to gag! Trust me, it got much worse than Boyd's stuff...

Seriously though, super cool little truck. Those '38 '39 trucks have been ugly ducklings for so long that it's neat to see one done up the way it should be. And I say ugly duckling as the former owner of a '42 half ton, so I know my ugly trucks!

3. Killer, just drive the snot outa it for a while as is. If tastes change down the road change it then. Looks right, sits right and prolly sounds right.

4. rld14

rld14

I LOVE it. Not sure I am digging the red windshield frame tho. But overall I love the look.

5. speedyg948

speedyg948

real nice ride dude ,in my humble opinion , leave it alone, lotsa luck

6. Betty Boop

Betty Boop

I'm in love with this truck. It rides and sounds awesome. And its super nice to have a ride that has a covered top for those chilly days :)

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Very cool little PU. Makes me REALLY regret letting the low mileage, rust free example slip through my fingers many years ago because I couldn't decide whether I liked the grille of not. Today I'd be on it like white on rice.:)

Frank

8. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Great looking truck !!! Congrats to you. There are some hot rod guys out there that try like hell to patina their cars to look like that !!!! Just a thought ??

9. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Very cool truck, and I love the shot of it and your 41'. But just one question, why do you want to put a 350 in it and not keep the Flathead?

10. Mine has a 1959 283 Fuelie,stock trany,stock rear end.
    Yours looks pretty good...

11. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Looks like something you and Chris would have built... but with blackwalls. Ya'll are the KING'S of finding cool stuff.

12. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

That's what is nice about this one. He built it exactly how I would have. Usually I have a whole list of stuff that I need to change. This time it is just minor stuff.

13. hellrod666

hellrod666
    from seattle wa

hey that looks like a great truck. have fun with that. It was good to see all of you at the poker run

14. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Geeze...You and your brother have some of the coolest fords out there...

15. LMAO!

Nice truck, just drive it like you stole it.

16. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Only thing that Ol' Gal needs is a full tank of gas !!
    That is one SWEET lookin' truck.
    Good for you.
    Cheers..........

17. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

That was one of my favorite Flatties at the East vs West. (you guys over there kicked our butt) All I'd do to it is maybe take out the side engine covers to show off that beautiful engine, it's a little too dark to see it all. Glad it's still in the area.

[​IMG]

I hated to let mine go, but a fellow HAMBer made me an offer too good to pass up. I think there's still one in my future...

[​IMG]

18. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

I know one for sale about the shape of mine if you are interested.