Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model A Truck will soon Scream under new Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. In the end, a smart move. I'm sure it was a tough decision. Enjoy the road with it man!!

2. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

For some reason .......I woke up this morning.......wondering what it would take to get this Truck to run 8.90.............hmmmmm....the old bullet I took out only went 9.57......ha ha ha..Littleman

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

So, haven't you been driving the pick up on the street a lot since you detuned it ? If I had that baby the tires would be bald by now..... OH, the back ones already are. :p

Like they said earlier, that thing would get a lot more use on the street than on the strip. I like racing too, but that is only one day a week at most, that leaves 6 days to drive to work, to the store, or just out to play in traffic.

Don

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  4. Cshabang

Cshabang

Haha do it!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Not safe ... there is the key.

Now ask yourself... what will it take to make it safe at this or a faster speed... and... will it start taking the fun out of it ?

Half-Evil / Half-Donkey... whatever you're calling the current masterpiece ... is going to be fun and will always be the focus of attention. Especially if you use the Model A as a tow vehicle or just run around the pits with it.

Besides... a warmed over 377 with a bit of spray puts you into the 10's... remember when that was really fast and really fun ?

Good luck Dave... your builds inspire me to do mine better

6. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

The 9.57 was with a 4150 right?.. not the multi carb set up. Stack a another plate. Ha. That'll do it. Make sure to get video though.

7. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Correct.......9.73 w/ the six-twos.............Dave

8. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

One of my favorite build lost its pictures...

9. trad27

trad27

Was really excited when I seen this thread back up. X2... Where are the pics? So whatever came of your pickup?