Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model A Truck will soon Scream under new Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I visited the DragStrip last night w/ the truck for the first time this year.........w/ the new 10 to 1 streetable powerplant.....Had a few issues ........I did no tuning @ all, just went out to establish a baseline........I need to get some Holley four barrel parts, all I have is two barrel 94 carb parts laying around.....I need to order up some different squirter sizes and larger jets to start tuning it in..not to mention I need to learn about the four barrels and the tricks...even with the hesitation @ the start and a slighly greasy track it still clicked off a 11.35 in street trim....just the way it is driven on the street.....w/ a little work I just might be able to tickle a high 10.90 something...maybe....only one way to find out...........Littleman

2. busch

busch

Bad ass let us know if you hit the 10ns Awesome Truck

3. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

LITTLEMAN...holly talido klinger! that shop is cleaner than a hospital. GEEZ man do you think you have enough domb on those blow torches? and i totaly agree with the hydrolic roller, yes sir just set the rockers and forget about having to reset like solids. brother your a real credit to this org. it's people like you who make me VERY proud...POP.

4. Cshabang

Cshabang

i knew the saga wasnt over...hahaha Good luck Dave.

5. What was your 60' and mph?

I still wish I could've run against you with the Roadster... but there will be another time!

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Nothing earth shattering.......1.560 60'.........116.51 mph...............It left w/ a hesitation..once that is tuned out it should be better........Littleman

7. Works pretty damn good for a street combination!

8. AMAZING. that thing is asome!

9. #### That's a C/S >>>>.

10. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

New Street engine was realeased back into the wild today @ Thompson Gasser Meet during the very first Burnout..........You have to weed out the weak..........time to build a new one..he he he, Littleman.........I blame the four barrel...should have never put it on..

A little bit of piston-rod-cylinder wall and a cracked block and I am sure scrambled eggs in the pan..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

ouch Dave.............

Later, Bill

12. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

so much for the street engine,the truck wants a full on race motor to push you down the strip,will you be showdown bound this year?

13. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

I got a bow-tie block for sale PM me

14. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gIdV4Y56gYM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gIdV4Y56gYM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

15. They always run the best right before they blow, I guess a 11.35 was it.

16. Glen

Glen

look on the bright side......if you throw a rod out the side, its easy to hit the wall after you start sliding in your own oil.....And you didnt do that right?

17. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hate to see any engine hurt like that...even a Chevvie..

You know what to do....have a beer or two in memory then call up Jegs and write a bigger check. Let the healing begin...

-Abone.

18. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

19. Oh man.... Even when you have a spare it still sucks when it happens!

20. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

This engine had an easy 11.00 to 10.90's in it........never got the chance to tune it....I was hoping to maximize the tune up with the four barrel yesterday and in the evening drop the water and put the six-twos on for a comparision that allot of people alway's suggested I do..........I am struggling here @ work this morning trying to figure out the next move.......That Bow Tie block sure sounds nice donut29............Thanks everyone, Dave

21. Brewton

Brewton

22. So what was the cause ya think ? Was this an engine you had or picked up from some where else not knowing the innerds ?

23. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

It was bought all together.....something that I do not do....but I knew a few people that knew the guy and car it was out of.....At first I was chasing a slight water problem in the upper part of the heads after I had it running..........The bottom end I checked out when placed my pan on while on the stand @ that time I had no reason to remove the heads..all checked out...I even checked the cam end play and it checked out.....I took the heads off most recently and put new head gaskets and new ARP head bolts and the water problem was corrected....I have been driving it on the street for a few weeks

But what I think happened is two Weeks ago or so I took it to Thompson for a shake down and on my last pass of the night as I blasted thru the traps. The engine wanted to stall, but I was able to keep it running, it sounded very bad all the way back the return road and to the pits...I loaded it and shut it off then attempted to restart..but it would not fire back up....The next day I rolled it out of the trailer into the garage and after looking everything over I found that something got on the needle and seat of the rear two barrels and fuel was flowing like a river....Fixed that and installed new plugs and it fired right up.....I am willing to bet it hydrauliced on fuel and bent a rod.....Then I finshed it off the very next time I did a burnout yesterday.........My best guess.....This engine had all good parts...well did.....Littleman

24. Cshabang

Cshabang

damn it Dave.....i have a pretty nice 289.....

25. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

Support Littleman ! Order mo' T-Shirts !! Sorry about your luck buddy.
    Dale K

26. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Milk shake anyone ?..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New cylinder wall venting

[​IMG]

You can see the bent rod on the otherside as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is as far as I got w/ the tear down today...........Littleman

27. 8-Track

8-Track

Thats Awsome !!!

28. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Damn you know how to blow em right littleman. Been there and done that!!!

29. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Ouch, good luck with whatever you decide.