Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Milwaukee World of Wheels pics... Very arousing!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Green49Ford, Jan 9, 2010.

1. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

I agree with carl's complaints below,,,,but all in all..... the cheaters and other folk worked their ass off to make lemons into lemonade. Thanx for all the hard work!

2. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

I spoke w/Brian Derge today, he, The WOW powers that be & The Fair Park are currently working on a date for next years show that is NOT so early in the year.
    Benificial for several reasons...not so close to the Holidays, would NOT conflict w/possible Green Bay Packers post season play (better overall attendence), weather could possibly be better.

If anyone has anymore pics...lets see them!

Sincerely,

Cheatercarl

3. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Good to see that someone other than me brings bikes to a car show. :D I'd be curious to see that bike rack when it's done as I'm currently trying to figure out how to take my bikes to shows without getting a trailer. Love that '57.

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

"Love that '57"

Yeah! I still would like to see a bunch more pics of that car, in particular some great full on side views and more detail shots.

Anyone??

5. A couple from Saturday afternoon. Have these on another thread but figured i'd throw them on here too.

Attached Files:

6. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

All I'm saying is "Cheaterjohn" or "CheaterRootbeer" sounds way cooler than "PBR1844".

your sedan looked dank as a mug!

Your private belly rubber,

Cheatercarl

7. I think the most fun i had was eating my own lunch did not even feel guilty

there was a slight altercation between a exhibiter and a state fair employee during load out, think they were banned for life:eek:

8. PBR1844

PBR1844

Thanks Carl!!

Dank as a mug is exactly what i was goin for.
    You mean...Cheaterjon no H in jon. haha just a technicality.

How about Handsomejoncheaterrootbeer!!

I like it :)

9. Great pictures. Only one thing bugged me though. Radials on "El Tiki"? Seems like a showcar like that should really have bias plys on it.

10. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

yeah, yeah, I know what you are saying. I thought the same thing to myself, but only shared my opinion w/my spiritual advisor Cheaterchris.

It didn't bug my, but I questioned it w/the rest of the cars style. Then I thought well it's not what I would have done, but to each their own, it's an easy change & I'm sure the builders have a reason why they went that way. Above & beyond the radials, the car is pretty dang cool & it was a pleasure to have our clubs display along side it all weekend.

I wish I was more of a "shutter bug" & would have taken more pics of some of the cars, there was another cool display by Mr. Safro that had an ARDUN equipped Allard style car (I believe he has a few Allards in his collection), also there was a fun flathead V8 powered Model A Coupe in a rusty finish that belonged to Fondu Lacs most beautiful couple Jason & Jessie (& of course little baby Stella).

If things go as planned, next years show will have more "HAMB friendly" or traditionally styled cars, they may even be a featured part of the show, stay tuned.

sincerely,

Cheatercarl

11. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Sorry I only have so much room on my flicker account. Could only post what I did. Guess I missed the boat.
    Jack

12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I would bring some HAMB friendly cars if the date was a bit later, the move in much easier and I knew there would NOT BE ANY WHITE COVERALLS!!!!

13. A couple of reasons El Tiki has radials.
    When the car was completed the first time around it had 6.70 Fierstones on the front and 7.10 Denhams on the rear. The tires were used and weather checked really bad and hard as a rock. Drove the car the summer of 07 and the car drove ok, but there was certainly room for improvement.
    During the winter of 07-08 the nose got redesigned and I decided it was time to change tires. The quarter magazines show some cars during the period with double sided white walls and after researching I discovered these were nothing more than motorcycle tires.
    I looked high and low for a set of bias plys with whitewalls on both sides. There was absolutely no one in the entire United States that would vulcanize white walls to both sides. A couple of radial tire companies said they would do it. So, in the end, the driving force of why El Tiki has radials is for the double sided white wall look. Plus the car drives like a dream with only two fingers on the wheel now.
    During the winter of 08-09 when the tail end went thru it's redesign, repaint, rebuild, etc we elected to keep the double white wall look.
    I have a brand new set of period perfect wheels and might consider swapping to a double white wall bias ply, but I expect that it will be sometime down the road before that happens. (I done shot my wade on the tires that are on it now, it was almost like buying 8 tires). With all the other projects I have going, switching tires is a low priority at this time.

John

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  14. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

For a second there you sounded so sensitive, like a hurt artist.

Truth be told, If it were not for you young Jack the true magic of our WOW would not have been captured! Jump suits, BMX machines, B&W pics, moustache profiles!

As for your "flicker" I always thought it was more than big enough.

Keep your lens clean & your flash bulbs poppin your work is killer!

Love you,

Cheatercarl

15. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Hey John,
    I knew you had a reason!
    but I must tell you dear sir, Coker tire offers your bias ply double wide whites (Firestone), the coupe I just sold had them & the roadster pickup I am building will have them.
    My coupe drove like a dream as well, bias plys & all. 6.00-16 up front & 7.00-16 in the rear, inner tubes to boot! Yes they are a little pricey, but the look cannot be beat!

16. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

I messed up prez. Don't take it out on my future endevors. You are now entitiled to two of every ten Hot Rod mags I own. This time don't just take 2 of every 10 pages...
    Your BFF
    Jack

17. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

and you can't put a price on cool. or on not getting STDs.
    Whewwwwwwww......

18. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

19. Coker finally saw the light. I spoke with Corky Coker himself in the summer of 2007 before I stepped up to the radials and he kinda acted like I had two heads. He could not grasp why I wanted double sided whites at the time. He flat told me there was no demand for something like that and he wasn't comfortable with vulcanizing both sides of a bias ply.

Someone must have finally gotten his ear about this

20. Well, it's good to know the reason why. Considering that's the only thing I would change if it were mine, I think it's a great car. Tires are an easy thing to change, you nailed all of the hard stuff. :)

21. skoh73

skoh73

I was in a hurry and forgot my camera at home- thanks for the pix. The display with the old car clubs was killer, and there were a lot of nice fellas at the booth who were more than willing to share their vast amounts of knowledge. Arlo kind of gave me the history of the project and introduced me to a bunch of the fellas. I really dug the Road angels stuff- especially the DVD they were showing of the old Super 8 footage of MKE back in the day- I gotta figure out where I can get a copy.

I was gonna ask you guys (Cheaters) at the show, but didn't wanna sound like an idiot- what paint was used on that '41 Ford (the white one)? I liked it. I've been thinking about new colors for a repaint and you don't see white too much anymore.

Thanks to those who worked hard on the show, I appreciate it.

22. PBR1844

PBR1844

The white is a Urethane Primer Sealer by NASON which is a Dupont product. It is just there older technology. I like nason products they all seem to lay out fine but one thing i did not like about the white sealer is how thin it was, which made i real difficult to keep from running. It covers real nice but a little tough...for me at least.. to keep control of.
    Thanks for noticing.

23. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

That's where you went wrong, you talked to the OWNER! Just kidding, but it does seem like the bigger these companies get the less they seem to care.

Anyway, I bought my first pair of double sided wide whites from Coker back in like 2002 & they offered them for at least 2 years befor that cuz I have a catalog from 2000 & they are listed there.

Whatever, the point is someone gave you the wrong info, I came across them just by reading the thin Coker catalog, they are listed as "DW" under the Firestone Vintage section, I called to confirm w/a rep & they said those are double sided white walls, cool, boom.
    Either way, your car is Killer & I know Cheaterjack has some kick ass pics of it.
    Keep the good times rolling.

Cheatercarl

24. Too much mustache wax I guess.

Thanks for the info and maybe we will meet sometime next summer.

John

25. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Man that El Tiki really has that 50's look nailed. Particularly if you subscribe to the school of thought (which I do) that the 50's finished in 1963. I just love it.
    Paul.

26. You have plenty of space left on your Flickr account. ;)

27. skoh73

skoh73

PBR1844-
    Thanks for the info on the paint, I appreciate it!

28. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

great pix - what is up with that creepy dude feeling up Carl?

29. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

I paid that dude to feel me up!

Next years Milwaukee WOW, if it happens should be a good time.

John, will you be attending the Chicago WOW?

Cheatercarl

30. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Cool to see those Redlines.....and the cars too.