Register now to get rid of these ads!

My little girls first project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCKRODDER, Mar 26, 2009.

1. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I found this pedal car body and some parts at a swap meet awhile back .I am building her a stroller frame under it for now, later a pedal car when I scrounge the rest of the parts! She really was having fun with it like it is!

2. shes beautiful man , stroller and pedal car sounds great , keep us posted on the updates .. one of the HAMB alliance venders sells pedal cars , might be worth a shot for parts but i cant remember who it is , im sure someone will pipe in..

3. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Thanks! She is already helping ol' Dad with projects around the house , the shop is not quite kid friendly yet , but maybe one day she will hang out some with me.:) I did see some cool stroller posts awhile back with pics , lots of good ideas.:cool:

4. George G

George G

Wish I could find my pics of the one I did for my daughter when she was 2. BMC Blue Streak. She's 22 now.

Shit I'm old....

5. glmke

glmke

cool, very cool

6. Victory55

Victory55

That's gonna be bad ass when your done, love it. I got a little girl about that age myself, gotta love the daddys girls.

7. Dave/Iowa

Dave/Iowa
    from Iowa

Love them when they are little, next will be go carts, Then cars,Then they are all grown up, And it happens fast!:)

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Wait until she's riding and hollering "faster, Daddy, faster"!
    Wait until she's driving and you're hollering, "slower, Sweetie, slower"!

9. freelancecrashtestdummy

freelancecrashtestdummy

Boy I have to say its so much fun when they are old enough to help out, my little girl helps me all the time in the garage and I enjoy teaching her, she really catches on fast, knows the basic on electrical and fuel systems an is only ten, which is impressive no matter what the gender, keep her with you in the garage you guys will grow very close, and always have something to share.

10. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I knew the first time I heard "Dadda" I was in trouble , she is Daddy's girl :). As far as the stroller is concerned I am trying to figure out the front wheels. I was thinking about having casters in the middle so I can turn it and the visible wheels would just be barely off the ground or just mount them and turn it like you do a push mower , push down on the handles to lift up the front wheels? I could really overthink things if I don't watch it , lol.. just like my big projects!:D

11. eisenhower34

eisenhower34

noahs ride.JPG This is the pedal car I built for my boy. It actually has two battery powered motors from a Power wheels jeep. It has high/low forward and reverse. It goes about 10mph in high. It took me about 40 hours to assemble/cut/modify a framework for the body to sit on then to get the "cali rake job" I had to cut an inch off both sides of the steering assembly to allow the wheels to turn under the body. He drives the wheels off it and like to cruise the parking lots at car shows. I think I could have sold this car 10 times. He really gets a kick when people stop him and ask for a picture with him.

12. CruZer

CruZer

What a cool pix !! He's sure got attitude !!!

13. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

That's cool , 2 powerwheels motors eh? If you have pics of the frame post it , that is a neat idea!

14. chriseakin

chriseakin

I've seen the pedal power chassis in a catalogue somewhere, but can't think of what store it was so I googled it and found this one: http://planetbitz.com/PedalCarChassisKit.html
    www.childishtoys.com has one as well. I found some others but they all say out of stock until summer '09 with no known date for stock to arrive. Prices vary $70-$80 but if you are good with a welder you could probably buy some one inch steel tubing and make your own, bend some rod to make the pedal crank and drive rods to the back wheels - or just stick in an electric motor if you trust your kid to not drive out into traffic.
    Could be a fun build.
    Chris

15. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Haha . . .been there done that :D

16. You will not regret one moment of ridin' that girl in her own hotrod! Here's the one I built for my boy when he was just 6 months old. He's three now and about to outgrow it but he still loves to ride in it. And, proud dad here walked many a miles at rod runs just to let everyone see him! He got alot more attention that any real car I've ever built-which was fine with me!

Attached Files:

17. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

damn post makes me wish i had a kid ...