Register now to get rid of these ads!

my lil ones first ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by taasher53, Feb 5, 2010.

1. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

I just picked this up yesterday for 15 buckes the wife says i have to do this one under 30 bucks, the plans are custom grill bumpers fiberglass motor leopards skin covered seat, tall shifter and lake pipes, paint will be flat pink and flat black and a Lil white added in where it need to be. Ill update soon with more pics and how its going. The dead line next Friday for the world of wheels here in Indy.

<br>

[​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. NYfatboy

NYfatboy

Its a Pines. I bought one for my little brother back in the '70's, wanted to build it into a go cart later,but time went by too fast. Ended up getting him a Norton later, though!Have fun with it.

3. 1959apache

1959apache

that is considered a rat rod and is not allowed on this site! lol Look forward to seeing it at the world of wheels. ;)

4. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

i just started on it today, built the frame and floor, started on the fiberglass motor started to do a supercharged flat head but think I'm just going to do a blower through a new hood. So more pick tomorrow thank for the info on this. I was thinking it was maybe the 80s. but hey for 15.00 not bad lol. I did the handle-push bar but i don't like how it turned out i just hope this thing doesn't look like it was thrown together over night.

5. rokcrln

rokcrln

I think yours will be done way before mine! Heck my son may not even fit it when I get it done:(

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

Attached Files:

6. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

dude that is cool. one day when ill get big ill get me a bead roller and a english wheel and i can biuld one. I want to build a mini front engin dragster and i 1 seater hot rod just for me to run so when the wife gets pist i can just give her time to chill and i can xent with some burn outs lol.

7. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

Sorry for no pics today. We had a party to go to at the in-laws I forgot about. Got home bout 10 and did the hood and grill shell. I took pics and will post tomorrow. Ill be posting pics the day after i take them to keep everyone up to speed. Any one have any ideas for the inside grill mesh, bars, holes??

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude. That is better than any real hotrod I have had.................

9. HotRod33

HotRod33

That is really cool ........

10. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

WOW....thats amazing!

11. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

Here are the updates as i said they would, I hope to have it all painted Thursday night so I can start on the interior done Friday and load this up for the show Saturday. I cant wait to meet Gene. lol........

<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/44293737@N05/4342543008/" img src="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4342543008_5f36cee259.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="ry 766" /></a><br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>

12. dude that rocks! going to put a similar unit together for my grandaughter that doubles asa stroller.

13. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

woll post pics tonight fiberglass shell is done but i need ideas for the insert? any help?

14. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

15. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

Here it is almost done remember only 4 days and 30 bucks. the grill is fiberglass but i didnt have any mud on the shelf so its have to go till i get some more cash. I thought you know thats not bad ill just build it as i go. I dont like that but its what i gotta do. next is the inside, fun stuff i wounder if Gene Winfield will sign it? lol right lol? So what do you think?

<br>

[​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>

16. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

taasher53....a SUPER build!!
    And, it's traditional!! (smiling)

17. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

Thank you, I was scared that it would be called a rat rod lol I'm trying to get away from the rat rod crap. The hood is hand formed steeland the wheels came off a old wagon. I wonder how much it would cost me to have it striped at the show.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  18. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

Rug rat rod? I dont get it?

19. ronniemckinney

ronniemckinney
    from Alabama

Rug rat as in ankle biter, sometime known as babies.

20. Thats awesome!! Get them started young and keep them involved in cars.

21. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

baby rat lol i get it sorry. i saw a 40s ford that was black with red finders i loved it. She said her first bad word a week ago it was funny not that i want her saying any of that stuff but.... I asked her if she wanted a Harley, she said yes, i ask fat boy sportster, she said sportster. right on thats my girl. : she almost 2: so i asked do you want a hot rod like daddy's, she said yes, i ask a ford or Chevy she replies quick and head on F*ck that! lol i laugh my ass off.

22. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

OK its coming down to the wire. I had to work late last night so I have to get allot done tonight and tomorrow. I'm loading it up Saturday morning and heading out. Build or bust!

23. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

still looking for ideas for thr grille?

24. Scotch

Scotch

Mesh is quick, easy, cheap, and cool. If you're not going to fab up a proper Deuce look-alike grille, the mesh is the next best thing.

25. Astrochimp

Astrochimp
    from NE Mo.

cookie rack- they are cheap, and chrome, will cut and bend easy.

Google search "cooling rack" then look at 'images'.

David

26. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i like it better without fenders. Kinda has an altered bantam look

27. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

Hey i wanted to thank every one that loved the car at the show, and She had a blast playing with Gene Winfield. well its going back into the shop and getting ready for The road rocket rumble.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  28. taasher53

taasher53
    from IN

Pics of her new ride lol.

<br>

[​IMG]<br>
    [​IMG]<br>

29. hell-boy

hell-boy
    from indiana