Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Less Gay Car... Updated photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spike!, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Spike!

Spike!

Although not totally straight, My car has made improvements.. Still need to lose the wheels and tires. Actually this is only a temporary rattle can job. the "real" paint job comes in a few weeks. This is just so I can show my face at the Hoe Down on September 14th. Also leaving are the pipes in favor of lakes style. Don't think I have enough time to finish them before the show...

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

3. Spike!

Spike!

Heres a shot from the back...

4. Yeah, and I don't mind those wheels either.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Spike!

Spike!

Shot of the re-styled motor..

6. Spike!

Spike!

Heres the money shot...

7. daign

daign
    from socal

I think some beefier head lights would toughen up the front end a bit. Were you planning on changing them?

Looks good so far.

-Dane

8. Spike!

Spike!

Yeah..thats a PACK RATS decal on the windshield where the PA inspection sticker should be. I think as long as theres some kind of sticker there its OK...

9. Spike!

Spike!

Oh yeah..I'm planning on changing alot more, including the headlights. Larger and lower is the way I'm going. This was just what I got done on Labor Day weekend. Ran out of time and money as usual. At least it aint yellow any more! those Scallops had to die as well...

10. that thing looks wicked with that chop. how much room is inside it? any interior shots???

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Me likes it Spikey. Leave it just so, the wheels and tires rock, they're a refreshing change from red wheels and whitewalls. I love it, just call it done and enjoy it.

It's wicked. I liked your sedan better, whooops shouldn't have said that!

12. hankcash

hankcash

It would look nice if it were blue and yellow two-toned!
    HC
    [​IMG]

13. james

james

I second what Nads said--the wheels and tires lend kind of a badass street tuff look to it. Drop the headlights and call it a day.

14. Chuck Fish

Chuck Fish

Less is definately MORE! That thing ROCKS!!! [​IMG]
    It looks done to me,now drive it like ya stole it.

Chuck Fish

15. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I love it man, i think the tires in back are a bit wide though. And i think your right about the pipes. Other than that, IT IS BEAUTIFULL!

16. I like it just the way it is. Your paint job looks great.
    Love the red firewall too.
    I'm with the idea of driving the hell out of it and screw with it along and along as the spirit moves you.
    Nice car.

17. AHotRod

AHotRod

YOUR ride has charactor, and that is what makes it kwuoool.
    It's yours, and you can do "Whatever Blows Yer Skirt Up" to it. For what it's worth, I like it the way it is.....

18. Spike!

Spike!

Nads- I hear ya man..I loved that C-Dan too. But I just gotta own a five-winder before I kick off. I'm sure the guy I traded with will make it gay though. Last I saw it, he had added stickers and stuffed animals. wish I could have both cars, but theres only room for one car and three bikes in my garage. I have a million pictures of the C-Dan. One is a huge poster that hangs above my computer. All I have to do is look up and there it is.. large as life!

Spike

19. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

WOW, what a difference! I like it. It kinda has a that sixtys hotrod look now instead of the "other" look it had when you got it. I think that it would be safe to say that you de-mullet-ized it! [​IMG]

20. Spike!

Spike!

Rickyracer- Thats a 6" chop. A bit much I'ld say..PLUS its channeled 4". I'm 6'-1" Basically my knees are hugging the steering wheel. I look out the small side window. Long trips? Hmmm...better get back to me on that one. But hey..my back is still in great shape so I'll drive it till I can't.

Spike

21. moondisc

moondisc

I'd say it ain't gay at all anymore Spike.

Stuffed animals in your old Cdan?

That SOB should be shot! [​IMG]

22. Those headlights are both too small and way too high.

I guess you feel the same way, I ought to read further... duh.

23. 46mopar

46mopar

Did you find a set of big head lights for it yet? I might have a set from my father inlaws old 34 ford .

24. Missing Link

Missing Link

Nice Spike. I think it looks bitchin.' Now all you need to do is leave the windows down for a few weeks to let all the gayness escape. Seriously though, I dig it. Maybe I will catch you at the hoe-down.

25. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Hell of a difference. Looks right to me!!

26. Spike!

Spike!

Hey 46Mopar- Haven't found anything yet. well, I have, but nothing that I can afford or go after right now. May find something at the Hoe Down. '34 lights sound bitchin though. whats he gotta get for a set?

-Link-... Looks like Rod-N-Keister has to find a new cover car. Once I change a few more things the GAY demons will be chased from it entirely. What do ya mean "I MIGHT see you at the Hoe Down"? Be there or be square man. I'm even bringing the missus and "Tack". They can run the CKD booth while I take pics and such. Theres a river close by so Tack can get muddy....

Spike

27. Tony

Tony

SPIKE!!!

Dude, That thing ROCKS!
    I like what you've done with it..
    I really can't wait to see the "final" update.
    well, at least final for the time being.

Do ya think the PA po-lice would mind the club decal??
    Naa,the'll just look at that ride and let ya slide [​IMG]

nice job.
    Rat...

28. old beet

old beet

Lookin good, I've had the same tire wheel combo on my chopped 51 F-1 for about 30 yrs. Guess I haven't had time to update to red rims.LOL.......OLDBEET

29. Spike!

Spike!

I think the PO-Leece will LOVE it! Probably pull me over and ask for my autograph every chance they get. But first they have to get past the stealth bomber paint that absorbs all radar and the angled chopped roof that also acts as a radar deterent. PLUS..nothing flashy anymore to catch thier eye.

30. Tony

Tony

[​IMG] [​IMG]..

stealth bomber paint..man that had to be costly!!!
    I'm thinking ya got a CKD car there...i know a photographer who does features for them...
    maybe you'd be interested?? [​IMG]
    I think i can hook ya up..

Rat..