Register now to get rid of these ads!

My latest project: I have a brain tumor....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950ChevySuburban, Sep 18, 2008.

1. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Yes, thats right. My 1965 skull goes in the shop Tuesday to remove a 5cm tumor on the left temporate lobe.

Sure I'm nervous, thats to be expected...

It's affecting certain skills, like typing / reading comprehension and electrical diagnosis / analytical thought. Typing this on the HAMB takes a lot of effort, but I don't believe in mispelled words.

It's on the right side of the brain for affecting motor skills, but we caught that in time.

We doubt its cancerous, but we wont know til we know. Then you'll know!

You guys and girls are my friends and deserve to know.

I get out of the hospital maybe Friday, no driving for 10 days due to clearing the anastesia (sp?) from my bloodstream, then no work for 5 weeks or so.

We'll still hit the local car shows , but my wife'll drive.

Life is good! Seriously!

2. Drive Em

Drive Em

Good luck and get well soon.

3. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

wow...hope all goes well in the shop. you'll be in my family's thoughts and prayers. try not to poke at it when they're done ;)

4. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

you will be in our prayers.

-danny

5. synthsis

synthsis

talk about a shitty way to get off of 5 weeks from work. good luck bro!

6. injunjoes

injunjoes

Hey bud keep you head up and don't worry about it. My best friend just went through this exact same surgery last week and he was home in a few days and is back to normal with no loss of any functions. I have an idea of what you are going through because of my friend. Don't worry about it buddy with the medical technology out there today there is nothing to worry about. I will keep you in my prayers buddy.

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

I have you on my prayer list,.... keep us informed.

8. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

I'll be pulling for you. Good luck my Friend!

9. BELLM

BELLM

Wow! Good luck, hope everything goes well. Your HAMB brothers and sisters will be thinking of you. Have your wife get on the HAMB and let us know everything is ok after the surgery.

10. Prayer and thoughts from my family for you and yours.

s.

11. 29SX276

29SX276

I too had a brain tumour so I understand what you are going through. Keep positive about it all and you'll do fine;good luck my friend.

12. forty1

forty1

Prayers sent-
    Great attitude ta boot !

-41-

13. Good luck with it. Have my prayers.

14. Hoping that everything goes well and that you get a really hot nurse to help you along.

15. poorboy

poorboy

get well soon buddy!

16. i'm having my knee worked on wednesday nothing as major as you and i'll be off for 8 weeks. seems to me you should be off longer for brain surgery than my knee surgery. good luck man.

17. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

WOW,
    Good luck to ya,Keep your spirits up
    we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya!

18. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Good luck with it man. Come find me at Goodguys if you make it up here.

19. BadLuck

BadLuck

Keep your head up buddy, you'll do just fine! You will be back in the garage in no time! Keep up the good attitude, thats going to help too...:)

20. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Do you get the titanium plate in your skull? One of my Best buddies had a brain tumor (cancer) yanked a few months back...(big sucker too, almost killed him) they ended up installing a large formed peice of titanium (like the whole top/front of his skull) due to the cancer eating the bone...

Personally I think thats the coolest (not the reason for the plate....that aint cool....but if you gotta get one you may as well look at the positive side of things, with the exception of the reason he got the plate, the fact that he has a large chunk of metal in his body is pretty darn neat...not that I want one anytime soon...awe hell hopefully you get what I'm trying to say...it aint cool, but it is...)

I always give him a hard time about (how I'm envious that he can headbutt someone and darn near kill em....now thats using your head!)

Good luck, get better, and keep us posted...

21. Prayers, from Kansas! As others have noted, keep being positive. Hope all goes well.

22. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Hey at least you caught it early. good luck man.

23. KEEP POSITIVE... You'll do great.
    Doctors do amazing things every day.

I wish you all the best, a speedy recovery and I hope your hospital has great chow.

My wife went through this same operation, in the same location as yours, for many of the same reasons.
    This was 4 years ago and she's doing very well.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  24. Positive thoughts from Japan here... While not the same thing, I did a bypass thing about 3 months ago. Had a couple of drs separately while looking at my records look up at me and say "damn, you should be dead"... Recoop is a drag, but being around doing nothing conscious beats laying there decomposing...

25. Best of luck with it, man. Go for the titanium, don't let 'em put a pancake on your head!

26. Weasel

Weasel

Good to see your spirits are still up and your thinking is straight. That's a hell of a way to get a top chop! Seriously though, all the best - there's a bunch of Hambers rooting for you. Post again when you can after the op and let us know you're 'good to go'.

27. Scott

Scott

Good Luck to ya. and prayer sent.

28. prayers going up from me too! Tumors aint cool! but the skull plate could be. get better soon and enjoy those 5 weeks of car show weekends!

29. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Skull plate sounds cool! Tumor, not so much. I'll be thinking about you and keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.