Register now to get rid of these ads!

My last off topic post *** Tech Week Request***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jasonic, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Jasonic

Jasonic

So, I just got home from helping out on the Flyrite Model A build. This was what I call a perfect Saturday. A bunch of friends building a HOT ROD. Figuring things out, making parts from scratch, being creative and having a laugh.

Sorry if what I am about to say offends anyone, actually I don't really care if it does. I am sick of seeing posts about magazine ideas, dead dogs, girls of whatever show happened that weekend, who has the best vw parts, rat rods, street rods, 4 door custom ideas and just stupid shit in general.

I joined this board to learn cool things. That's it. Ryan has made a really cool spot for us to hang and I just want to say THANK YOU. I have met some amazing people on here who I have been lucky enough to meet, hang with, build with and be able to call my friends. To those folks I also throw out a big THANK YOU.

If I am able to post up here some info or a tech tip that I hope might come in handy for others - I will. If someone posts something that helps me out or sheds some light on an issue - I will definately give props.

On that note, please give me some Mother Fu$%ing TECH WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

I rather annoyingly second that. And no more "look at this shitty ebay - who else thinks this sucks?!" posts.

3. Why not get some tech stuff started by posting your own tech?

Or . . . ask a specific question, that usually brings the tech stuff out.

The HAMB's a two way street....:D

4. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

I agree with C9. Even though I like the tech more than anything here, I do like to look at odd and rare stuff from ebay. We may not like what happens over at Ebay, but I have learned a LOT from looking at things there.

I guess I like the everyday chit, chat stuff. It feels like when I go over to my buddies house and we sit in the garage and shoot the breeze.

I like looking at pictures of MANY different things. I notice my tastes of what I appreciate have changed. At one time I didn't like customs, older style bikes, not very much art, etc., but being exposed to all of this has changed my perspective.

But, you certainly bring up a good point. I LOVE to read the techs!!!!! They get my vote any time! :)

A few weeks ago, I was going to post this exact same thread. I held off and got to thinking about it. I have a couple of techs I'm working on- some 97 stuff and spring perches- but all of my questions get answered when I ask...

5. zgears

zgears

more Tech..

6. hatch

hatch
    from house

Tech is nice, but I prefer posts about style of vehicles and how to achieve it....not really tech in my book. Actually anything that isn't childish bashing is fine with me.

7. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I know what you're sayin'. But, this IS a message board with a few thousand people with atleast one thing in common. What's wrong with posting some off topic stuff every now and then and having MORE in common than just cars? I've met alot of cool people from the HAMB, actually, I haven't met one that I haven't liked. Although a few of you scare me sometimes. This place is a cornucopia of talent, brilliance, legends, rulers, role models, and the occaisonal morons. But I think it gets better everyday.

I've got friends on both sides of the automotive world. Some that know nothing and could care less, and some that live & breath it everyday. I know for damned sure that my car buddies and I don't sit around all day and talk about nothing but cars. Sometimes that shit gets old. The HAMB is a nessecity to alot of us, we spend alot of time drooling over pictures, ranting, bitching, throwing out ideas, TECH POSTS, and off topic bullshit. I think that's what makes this a better place. I like to read the posts about random stuff, oddballs, volkswagens, and 4 doors. I can agree with the term "rat rod" and "street rod" but most of us all know better. Then again, to each his own.

I'm sorry if my dead dog thread pissed anyone off, and I guess it really doesn't belong here, but I figured what the hell. Stuff like that brings out another side of our personalities besides just cars. We're all human, we all have ideas, we all have our likes & dislikes.

If you don't like reading something, don't read it. skip it and go to the next. If it doesn't raise curiosity in the title, then why read it? Alot of people on here could care less about what type of old car i being customized or built. As long as it's happening. Volkswagen, Volvo, 4-doors, wagons, trucks, who really gives a shit? As long as the person doing the work is having a good time, and it bringing something back to life, or keeping something on the road rather than leting it rot away or be crushed.

I agree 100% on the Tech Posts. They are lifesavers. I've learned more on the HAMB from these posts in 6 months than I ever could anywhere else in 6 years.

If that makes any sense, cool. If not, oh well. Not a personal attack or anything directed to you Jason, cause you're a cool dude. Just my ideas on the subject.

Later!

8. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

9. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

You know, I think Jasonic can do a "tech request", he sucessfully mounted the rear friction shocks.

Howabout it Jasonic??

10. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm glad this is your last OT post. Because for a minute I was scared we were going to have to hear more about how the Go-Go's gave you your nickname.

11. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

some pics of the "A" build would have been BITCHIN!

12. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Even better!!!! We have video of that!! He He..

13. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

HA HA HA HA HA HA

14. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

if someone want to do a tech post i have a good idea.how about fixing the dented up rear corters on a 49-54 chevy.the spot where the gravel shield is at.i hear this is a common spot.i know on my it is.or you all can just tell me to f*ck off.id rather see a tech post then something on ebay.

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

amen. . . keep it real and friendly... unless someone really deserves the livin shit kicked out of em :eek: :D

16. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I have about a dozen ideas for tech ,but my picture skills suck and my journalistic skills are worse.
    I can show you how to do it if your standing here a lot easier than I can explain how on this stupid computer.

Oh well ,nothing ventured ,nothing gained.

It's not like your going to grade me ,are you??

17. voneyeball

voneyeball
    Alliance Vendor

Do you have any pictures of the Go Go's????

18. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

Don't you structure the BS-ing that goes on with your buddies in the garage? I know I do. The rules are pretty simple, and very strict. We always pass the conch. Whoever has the conch gets to speak. The speaking is all isolated to carburetors. There is no talk of anything but carburetors. If you need a beer, you can't ask your buddy to get you one, because it's off topic. If your buddy's hair is on fire, you can't tell him so, because it's off topic. So on and so forth. One guy mentioned fuel injection once. Nobody has seen him since.

But yeah, tech is good. Don't exclude the art though. Friday Art Show is my favorite part of the HAMB.