Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Last 40lb hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr Gangrene Genes, May 8, 2019.

1. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Your moving right along. Good to know that this can be done and still be able to have windshield wipers.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great tribute to the early '60s stock and modified class racing. When you HAD to use factory parts. Not the tube frame & carbon fiber cartoon cars now being called "stock"
    And its a MOPAR too. Thanks for sharing your project.

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and classiccarjack like this.
  3. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

loudbang likes this.
  4. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

loudbang and low budget like this.
  5. Gman0046

Gman0046

If it were me, I'd have left it alone the way it came from the PD.

6. Thanks for checking up on my Plymouth, progress has been mighty slow lately. I recently got to start a new job after being laid off from work for some time and that has taken most of my prime focus. Making excuses about the heat and the task of keeping the DD fleet rolling doesn't help push the issue forward, so I won't. Also don't want my gravel driveway craft project to take away bandwidth from real H.A.M.B. hot rod builds. Sometimes I do get overwhelmed with the scope and wonder if it was better off left alone in the salvage yard, tittering on railroad ties and cinder blocks. Consider a trope my friend subscribes to, "can't eat an elephant in one bite, just have to chew what you can". Anyway on with the show. While I admire experts that can hammer out panels in one piece, that is not the way it works in my shop. My process always look more like Frankenstein's monster stitched together from cadavers. Here are some pictures of my firewall, not good, just good enough. If I fixated on perfection it would sit in the garage covered with a tarp like so many others. Using '72-'93 Dodge truck engine locking rubber isolators, with bracket stands modified from an A-100 van.
    Also a photo for those that don't think you can spend 40lb of MIG wire on one car.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  7. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Ambitious project, will be worth it when done. Are you sure only 40lbs will do it? :D .
    Marcus...

Mr Gangrene Genes and loudbang like this.
  8. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Stumbled across this and I’m digging it big time. Always a Mopar guy with lots of cars back in the day when you could buy these cars for easy money, not today.

Love the AWB cars along with FE dragsters of the 60’s and I’m bumping up this lost post.

How’s the car coming along?

Cliff Ramsdell

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. 1962 dodge lancer

1962 dodge lancer
    from joliet, il

love those mopars !!!

10. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Keep going we're watching. I've had a few still got a couple. This one went to a friend in England. Lippy

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

Had a 64 sports fury with a 361 and auto trans..Wish I had kept it.