Register now to get rid of these ads!

my introduction

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ivanhoew, Feb 3, 2018.

1. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

Hello fellow HAMB ers, i am joining in from oxford england , i have a few cars and bikes i have built ,my first turbo conversion was a 400/4 in 1980 , and i am still at it .:).

my latest project is a 1930's look boat tail based on a london taxi chassis , here's a quick picture ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all made from bits and pieces , boat tail made from about 18 bits of canoe and ally plate .i hope to have it on the rd this year , i have driven it about ,(there are some vids on youtube)and it feels fine .

thanks for the great site .

regards
    robert.

2. Slopok

Slopok

Wow...now is that what's considered as a free flowing exhaust???o_O

3. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

4. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

haha , the cars name is MEDUSA , so i made them as snakey as possible .using motorbike titanium headers cheap off ebay . and toothpaste factory 3 inch tubing .

5. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

Edward . its a pair of 24 valve jaguar xj40 engines .

6. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Wasn't one of them enough?

Sent from my SM-G935F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

:) they were cheap.

biggeorge likes this.
  8. teardrop

teardrop

I love this! Please post more pics and info esp of how you connected the two engines together.

9. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

10. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

Thank You ,Teardrop :)

I

machined a taper lock hub ,that grips the snout of the rear engine and this then bolts to a rubber prop doughnut , and then to a hub bolted to the back of the front engine .i have driven it, but time will tell if it works or will squeal like a politician losing an election .

i was avoiding clogging up this forum with my stuff , if you google medusa twin engined car ,a fair few pics and fori come up to peruse :) if you have any picture specific questions , bung the pic up on here and i will happily answer .

Thank you Captain ,on a another forum , it was suggested i should leave it registered as a taxi , so i could barrel down the taxi lanes scaring everyone to death ...it did appeal .

regards
    robert.

captain scarlet likes this.
  11. teardrop

teardrop

Watched lots of your videos, fascinating stuff. Unfortunately the forum I found none of the pictures would show up.

How much do you think the front engine contributes to driving the transmission?

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  12. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

Thank you Teardrop , there is a certainly a mixed variety of vids on there i realise .

Re the engine ,well i'm a bit new to this twin engine malarky , however i am simply assuming it will be the specific output of the two engines ,eg, 240 for the 4.0 and 225 for the 3.6 ,,adding a bit for the totally open inlet and exhaust , and reducing it a bit for the fact its running on lpg ,, i did a engine simulation on the thing ,and it popped up with 510 bhp ...at 5500 rpm . so ,in theory ,it should make it up most steep hills.

RR

13. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

oh , to add , re my pics , a lot became impotent when photobucket gelded the universe,however there are now add ons you can download that make the pics work

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Incredible. I'd love to see what is under the skin of it. Gary

15. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gary , here are a couple of under bonnet :)

regards
    robert.

16. 27Tudor

27Tudor

Genius, using an actual boat to make a boat tail car!! The price of canoes will now skyrocket.

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

Thank you Tudor :)

funny story about that , i had contacted all the local schools and sailing clubs to see if i could get a old derelict Canadian canoe ..no one had anything suitable ,i searched old marina's etc , with no luck .then i pulled a back muscle ,and tried to walk it off, all corkscrewed over to one side as you do .

as i walked i saw a sailing club west oxon ,and thought hey !!

i staggered over there and pestered everyone till i got the marina manager , he said have a look and if you find anything let me know ..so i did ,and found 2 canoes , and he let me take them .

regards robert.

18. 27Tudor

27Tudor

Do you have anything showing the building of the body? And what is the grill?

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

The grill is a Daimler majestic i think

unfortunately all the earlier pictures are photobucket , i can put some up here ,but not everyone wants to down load the chrome pb fix ...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...nk-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=en

most pictures are on here ..

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/garage/medusa-206057

if you see any there you would like to ask questions about ,please just pop the picture up on here and i am happy to explain :) after the photobucket debacle i went to hosting my own pics ,and using that link method , so at the end of the thread the pictures are visible with no fix's.

regards
    robert.

20. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  21. ivanhoew

ivanhoew

now running on injection lpg , first attempt at startup and dyno time ...

LAROKE likes this.
  22. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The car is impressive and that engine bay is great. Well done sir.

ivanhoew likes this.