Register now to get rid of these ads!

My intro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DoubleClutch, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Hello All!
    I've been lurking for a while, you guys are having too much fun so I'm jumpin in too! I've been into hotrods for a long time. My first car back in '75 was a '32 Ford 5 window, chopped and channeled with nailhead. I Believe it was built in the 50's, basket case when I got it but on the road again by the time I got my license! I got into road racing in college and did that for about 10 years around the midwest tracks driving a Formula Ford. I sold the '32 for racecar parts years ago which I will regret forever! That car is somewhere in the Chicago area, the new owner fabricated a stainless steel frame for the car. Maybe somebody has seen it? I recently bought a '40 Mercury 4 door(I have 4 kids, need the room), I found it in South Dakota, very complete except for taillight lens and a couple of dash parts! I'm looking for ideas for it. I'd like to make it pretty tradional, old school. Maybe a chop and lowering. Any photochoppers want to give it a try?
    I got to meet a few of you at the Broken Dream Cruise, Donzi and Starliner, cool cars! I hope to make it to alot of the midwest shows. The Pileup looks like a must! I'm an artist(painter) by profession so I hope to throw some stuff into the Friday night Art Shows. Really interested in learning from you amazing pinstripers out there! very inspiring! [image]http://photo.starblvd.net/DoubleClutch/1-1-4-1069708290?m=0&pg=0&ro=0&co=3[/image] Well that's my story. See you out there!
    Double Clutch

2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow, too weird. I looked at this post and thought "maybe this'll be another Michigander and not some scenester Californian"! Furthermore, I've been thinking about '39/'40 Ford Fordors all day. I've been thinking dropped, beskirted with mile deep lacquer, myself. Welcome aboard!

3. From one "artist" to another, welcome to the HAMB! Let's see the ride.

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

[​IMG]

This a beauty. I'd just throw some bodywork at her and some dark paint. A gorgeous interior too!

[Edit:] Okay, I guess I'm no good at getting StarBlvd images to work. I'd just upload it, but maybe somebody else can fix it.

5. I'll try it again!

Attached Files:

6. Wow! It works!
    Thanks for the welcome!

7. Another view

Attached Files:

8. Welcome to the board. How about cuttin the top off the car and making a carson top. Sawzall did his 40 Ford and it's one cool ride.
    Clark

Attached Files:

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Welcome aboard! Glad to have another Michigander around. Keep your eyes peeled, we'll probley have a SE MI breakfast/garage crawl next month.

10. beatnik

beatnik

Welcome, looks like we've got a lot more Michigan people on here than I ever thought.

You need to get a hold of Hatch, he did a killer drawing of a 40 4door, he wanted to build, I think it was published in Rodncustom. It's been posted on here but I couldn't find it.

11. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

welcome to the hamb and sorry about the loss of the 32

12. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Welcome to the Hamb. Great vehicle to start with.. The photochppers must be sleeping on the job today. GO BUCKS!!!!

13. Not sleeping...

14. Assdragger

Assdragger

Welcome aboard, nice intro,nice ride!

15. hatch

hatch
    from house

I think we should "tweek" the Michigan Dad design and do the merc..I love em!!...(my dad was a merc dealer till 1967"...all I need is a corned beef sandwich from Star Deli to seal the deal!!!....

Fordors are the ONLY cars that haven't been done to death...(roadster driver speaking)...welcome to the zoo and c ya at the next breakfast......hatch

Attached Files:

16. Donzie

Donzie

Double C, glad you made it aboard. Thanks for the compliment on my car. I think it truely reflects what traditional rods are all about but don't expect to see that kind of craftmanship and period correctness with all of the HAMB cars. Certainly mine is an exceptionial example and shouldn't be used as a devise to measure others efforts.
    They try, they really do. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My advice, don't cut the top. Check out Hatch's familyman's version of the "California Kid", "The Michigan Dad".

17. Man that is a damned nice ol car- WELCOME-you know how to enter a room without stepping on anyones toes.....that the way an intro is done! [​IMG]

18. Assdragger

Assdragger

Hatch, thats what I was thinking when I saw that car...do it!
    Gotta agree with Choprods on the intro.

19. Hell.....I like anyone that knows what 'double clutch' means
    ...welcome, big time

CT.

20. Very cool Hatch! I like it! Always liked the California Kid. Have to get that movie out again sometime. I would like to keep the flat head though, if I can get it reliable. The tub design by 4t64rd is wild, maybe a later mod. I'm a sucker for flames, probably will do them, it's the painter in me!

21. hatch

hatch
    from house

Thanks...hey DC...are you near Tel/12 area???....I would kill for a sandwich from Star Deli... [​IMG]