Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Hot Rod Cinematic Adventure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jul 5, 2007.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Believe it or not I get 10 vacation days a year plus two personal. I used my two personal days for the Lonestar Roundup and because I agreed to attended a sales seminar in Florida mid-May that extended into a Saturday afternoon (my job does not normally included weekends....M thru F 8am-5pm period) I was able to negotiate two more paid days off which allowed me to go to Paso for an extended weekend.

Most of the rest of the time I boggie to the event on Friday after work and come home late on Sunday......except for maybe a sick day or two here and there. Funny how they usually are on Fridays.:rolleyes:

Watch out next year! 15 days paid vacation plus the two personal.:D

I'm glad you guys really enjoy these posts cuz I really enjoy doing them for ya.:cool:

2. sololobo

sololobo

You Go Girl!! Your stuff always shows the "LOVE", Thanx for taking me on another of your trips,_Sololobo/Roadburners of Omaha

3. Thanks again for the wonderful coverage of what appears to be an outstanding event. Its allways fou to ride shotgun in my mind withyou. Look forward to seeing you at the Drags and hanging out. John

4. Thanks, Denise. I felt like I was riding along. Thanks for taking us with you. Not only do HAMBers build the best cars, but we seem to make the finest cuisine. The HAMB Crack looked tasty.

Chili

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

For all those that are interested in the HAMB Crack here is the receipe from Big Chief as posted on my Autorama Mingle party post back in March.

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip.......AKA - HAMB CRACK by Bigchief.

Three 8oz packages of creme cheese.

One 8oz container of sour creme.

16oz shredded Monteray Jack and/or cheddar cheese

Three 10oz cans of canned chicken.

1/2 cup of Franks Red Hot.

2 table spoons of butter.

Some season salt.

Pepper (Black)

Blue cheese dressing

Pull creme cheese out of fridge and allow to warm up/soften. You can use warm water (leave it in the foil) or a microwave (remove from foil first or you'll be calling the fire dept) to help speed things along - but don't go nuts, just get them softened up a bit. Drain chicken and place in frying pan on medium heat. Warm chicken up to drive out some of the moisture. Use a spatula (or whatever) to break up the chicken into very small pieces/fibers. Add butter and season salt (to taste) to melt butter and get the chicken good and warm - approaching hot. Add FRANKS and stir it into the meat well. Remove pan from heat and allow to start cooling.

Place the softened creme cheese and sour creme in a large mixing bowl and use a power mixer/beater to combine the two and mix vigorously remove lumps. Mix until smooth. Add 1/2 of the shredded cheese from the package and mix (using the mixer) until uniformly distributed. Add the chicken/butter/FRANKS combo and, again using the power mixer, combine the ingredients and mix/blend thoroughly. At this point you'll want to taste the mix and might need to add more FRANKS to it.

Place the mix into a large glass baking dish (maybe 11x14 or 16 or so??) and spread it out evenly. Add blue cheese to the surface of the mix and spread it out evenly - add it to taste, its good without it too or you can substitute Ranch as well. Finally put the remaining shredded cheese on top of everything - spread it out evenly and add extra cheese if you'd like - and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until you see that the cheese is melted and that the dip is bubbling.

Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve hot, warm or cold. Its good at any temp. Serve with Scoops, celery or eat the stuff with a spoon if thats your gig.

You can do a chicken-chili dip by substituting chili powder, beans and onions for the Franks and you can also do a Mexican version using ground beef, taco seasoning and onions instead of the chicken, butter and Franks.

Enjoy!

-Bigchief.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

6. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the coverage--where are some of the places/runs you haven't been to yet that you would like to attend??

7. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Man, I'm so picky, I thought it looked like one of those veggie dips......ah, if I had started on it, the rest of you wouldn't have got any.....I have large storage reserves for the road...

That, or I would have sat on the john for the next three days:eek::rolleyes:

8. moefuzz

moefuzz

What a great Post and the Pics were awesome.

Looks like everbody had a ball.

Denise,
    Thanks for taking the time to post such comprehensive coverage... Every pic had me grinning.

moe

9. Buckle

Buckle

Denise,

I look forward to your threads after an event, awesome pictures as usual! I love reading the story as well, great job! We had a great time ("we" meant Christy and me which was great, maybe I can keep here interested with great events like this) in spite of my car not being ready to cruise with you guys all the way there.

Buckle

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

The Cinematic was a lot of fun! I'll be posting the story of out Cinematic/Marital Adventures soon

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and the honeymoon:D

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

"official" honeymoon will likely be a trip to Prague... but the CInematic was a pre-moon and ride back was meant to be a nice relaxing, pre-honeymoon cruise. Boy, did that ever backfire. :) We'll be taking trains in Prague... which is starting to make nervous. Train wrecks can be really bad. :D

13. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Great pics! Thanks!

And using a trailer is cheating!!!

14. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Thanks...Great coverage as usual.
    DD

15. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

All this time I thought you were calling it Ham Crack and then I see that it does not have any ham in it,,,,,it was a light bulb momment !!!
    Dah,,,,,sort of like when we ask hot rod people if they are HAMBers they tell us no they don't talk on ham radios :eek:
    Thanks for posting the recipe I was going to ask for it.

16. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Your photos bring back so many good memories from the weekend. Hanging out with hot rodders is fun but times with my HAMB buddies are the best!

Even though the event was in my own state in areas I had traveled before the ride there and back was surprisingly fun. By taking two lane/county roads the whole way I saw a lot of Ohio that I had never seen before. Some highlights included visiting the farm (nothing left now :( ) my grandma grew up on near Zanesville....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

a tree on the farm family has carved their names in for literally 60 years...
    [​IMG]

finding a covered bridge....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

seeing the bucket of the 'Big Muskee' steam shovel...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    what the muskee looked like fully assemebled, in action...
    [​IMG]
    huge chains to drag the line...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the Big Muskee is on public hunting land sponsored by AEP. the view was pretty awesome...
    [​IMG]

and countless yard sales!

I completely agree with your thoughts on that restaurant in WV by the Mothman statue. Our food was ok but boy was there drama! I should have known when we walked in there and they didn't think they could seat us even though all but two tables were empty. Before you guys got there two other tables got up and left because their food was taking so long. Then all of the kitchen staff, waitreses, and bar tenders had a pow wow blaming each other in the middle of the restaurant!
    BUT they did have slot machines and I won $5!

I can't believe we missed the group shot at the Mothman Statue, we were down there too! We went into the Mothman store and heard a lot of neat tales from the owners. I think next year we will try to do some ghost/Mothman/orb hunting Friday night.

17. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Here are some shots cruising to dinner and at the Cinematic. I took a lot more but my camera was on the wrong setting and they didn't turn out :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HRLC doing her very first text...
    There was a photo here of HRLC "concentrating" but I love her too much to not obey her wishes. Someday I'm sure I'll want the same! :)

Hanging out in the fun tent...
    [​IMG]

Fun times, can't wait to do it again!

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What a stupid look on my face:eek: .....I'll pay ya money to delete it off the HAMB:eek: :D

19. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

We too have been to the bucket and it is HUGE!

Later, Bill
    [​IMG]

20. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

It is huge! I was trying to figure out a way to drive into it. Now that would be a picture!
    As you can see by the pic I pretty much ignored the sign and climbed over the rocks to it. How could I not? Can we say
    photo-op?:D

21. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Yeah we did too.....:D :D

22. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Where is that Megan?? wow your pics were awsome, thanks!! I 'love the one from the ground of matts truck on the bridge!!!! and the one from the inside too.

23. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

The bucket is in Reinersville, OH; east of Columbus-ish. Here is a link to it on Roadside America:
    http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/OHCUMmuskie.html

PS-- I love that website!

The covered bridge was near where we got on route 33 at. I have no idea of a town on that one. I really like how those pics came out there. I'm thinking HAMB calendar submissions!:rolleyes:

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

25. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Denise
    What I think I'm most impressed with is your photo coverage starts at home and you keep it going thru-out the drive to and from the show and all during the show with shots of people and not just cars (like I do!).
    Thanks for a super job and I'm looking forward to seeing you again at another show.
    Butch
    P.S. You said it had been 20 years since you last eaten SPAM heck your just barely 20 years old now aren't you?

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Have I told you lately I love you?? :eek:
    psst....don't tell your wife, I still want her to like me and share her wine.;) :D

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

High on my list is the LA Roadster Show which if everything goes as planned I just might attend in 2008 with Big Olds.

Road Agents in CT in July 2008

Hot Rod Revolution

Day of the Drags, more then likely this Oct

Grand National Roadster Show/Oakland Roadster Show, whatever they call it now. 2009?

and there is this "rod run" in Yellowstone that I've wanted to do for years.

Thats my short list. :cool:

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I LOVE the second one of the truck coming outta the bridge. I hope the format this year is such that you can submitt it.

I was thinking, we passed two covered bridges on the way home. With a group, no time, didn't stop. Would you be interested in planning and leading a weekends covered bridge tour in the south eastern part of OH maybe in Sept?

29. You need to add the Road Rocket Rumble to that list in 2008 in Indy. :cool:

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I've attended that in the past:p
    It just might go back on my list BUT only because of you guys, the Indy HAMB crew and being able to hang out and eat spam sandwiches. :D I'm not really much of a "weekender" type person if you get my drift.;)