Register now to get rid of these ads!

my half of a hemi......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brewsir, Nov 19, 2003.

1. brewsir

brewsir

I have been gathering parts to build my version of a roadster truck...it was going to be for my oldest boy...but I ended up getting him a newer truck. Anyway,I scored a 38 ford truck cab from tiny,got some leftover 40 merc parts and some f100 stuff, scored some cool old jaguar stuff and a chrome ross cowl steering setuop from a midget. I had a 2.3 ford motor....which was all good for my kid....but then I found a hemi at the swap meet...just needed assembly. I found a machine shop somewhat locally that knew something about these motors and had it bolted together. It should be about 160 HP and the best part is that it only weighs about 300 lbs..with the flywheel and pressure plate all bolted on. With a 5 speed and skinny tire it should scream!!

Attached Files:

2. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Why run it on a street car? I bet it fits a fairly open class with the SCTA.

It would be bitchin in a lakester.

COOL MOTOR...

3. brewsir

brewsir

awww man ...don't go puttin ides in my head..I only am alowed at Bonneville every two years because of my addiction to cars (wifey poo)
    Actually thats a pretty good idea....it's supposed to be good for 8500 RPM !!!! [​IMG]

4. Much nicer than any Pinto motor.
    What is it?

5. brewsir

brewsir

oh yea...early 70's toyota...like outta a corrolla. Seems some guy had bought all the parts ...new block and head and the webers and all the chrome. Assembled the bottom end and put it under his bench and eventually died (or something like that) I got it with the trans and everything for $500

6. Really cool engine! Too bad there isn't a "jealous" icon... Hey, did Toyota and Chrysler do tech swapping back then, cause I believe it was Toyota that had a Slant six too... Anyone else seen one?

Jay

7. <font color="green">show off </font> [​IMG]

8. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

[ QUOTE ]
    Much nicer than any Pinto motor.
    What is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd put my Pinto motor up against it anyday. Well gimme some time to get it done first.

9. brewsir

brewsir

shit...showin off would be if I build a roadster truck and drive that fucker to next years roundup!(if I do .....are you buyin the beer???)

10. Bugman

Bugman

Those Toyota 2TC, and 3TC motor's rock, especially when they're decked out like that. They're half of Toyota's all aluminum Hemi V8, avalible only in Japan, and usually in limo's.

-Bugman Jeff

11. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

Very nice Bigman, I had no idea how trick that thing really looked! So is it complete and ready to go? Keep the pixs coming, talk to you soon!!!
    Big Dirty

12. That would be bitchen in a track T!

or anything else you build...

So Brewsir, how's the painting business going?
    I still want to check out your stuff, g... Hopefully I'll be ready to get the '65 painted at the first of the year.
    KIT...
    Sam.

13. Brewsir, looks pretty slick. That should be a real nice little drivetrain and lots of fun. Glad to see you got it all back together and waiting for installation.

14. plan9

plan9

sounds and looks like a kickass setup brewsir, keep us updated[​IMG]

also... thanks for the hookup of the cad 500, your friend was a cool feller, and had some pretty trip'd out studes [​IMG]

15. brewsir

brewsir

you got that cad mill??? Cool! I hope Dick didn't talk ya to death!! I usually only se him at cruise nites. Anyway, glad it worked out for ya!

Big Dirty ...it's complete down to every little piece. I can't wait to hear it run! You and Kirk need to come help me put this fuckin shop together so I have a place to build something!!! We can do it on a weekend...I'll buy the beer and pizza!

Sam...paintings going great..got some stuff working with the bike shops to do some flames on their new shit. Luckily I have a GREAT bodyman and even better painter!
    First of the year should be good.

16. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that include the turbo 2.3 in my Xr4ti? [​IMG] -J.

17. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

Brewsir,
    Let me know when your look'n to tear into that shop of yours and I'll adjust my schedule accordingly. I want to get up that way regardless so let me know!!! Hope all is well with you and yours!!!!

BIG Dirty

18. So what exactly has been do to that lump. I mean 8500rpm and 160hp from is pretty impressive stuff.

19. brewsir

brewsir

well....the dual sidedraft webers and headers help a lot, big cam ( I can't remember the specs offhand) 9.5-1 pistons,balanced, very light aluminum flywheel. The 8500 RPM is what the engine guy told me they regularly turn in the racers he builds (inline engines really dig being balanced...helps alot)
    I really can't wait to build this damn machine and drive it....I'm thinking 4 straight pipes coming right off the header (cut off the collector)...maybe slight baffles to cut the sharpness of the rap a little.

Should be a big ol go kart!

20. Sounds like tons of fun. thanks Brewsir....

21. I've always been interested in that engine but never persued 'cause it didin't look 'vintage' enough, well, it does now.

22. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the one in my SVO???

23. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    you got that cad mill??? Cool! I hope Dick didn't talk ya to death!! I usually only se him at cruise nites. Anyway, glad it worked out for ya!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, ya man, he literally hooked me up... free of charge, and even lent the use of his picker. the ride home was fun... friends p/u is pretty low, bottomed out numerous times [​IMG]

thanks again brewsir!

24. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the one in my SVO???

[/ QUOTE ]

or the one in my track roadster

25. Nice Shit man it looks fast just sitting there. That roached out cab might make thatt mill look slow>

26. AHotRod

AHotRod

Man, that Toy looks awesome........can't wait to see it in a chassis.

27. Even with a turbo,it's still an UGLY motor.