Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Grille is done - Gorgeous! Updated pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norton1, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Looks great! Now maybe if you were to black out between the teeth to give it that 'full floating look'... ;)

Great work, it does look a lot better blacked out behind it.

2. SvenOla

SvenOla
    from Sweden

Beautiful! love it blacked out .

3. cheveey57

cheveey57

Fuckin' Awesome!

4. Sonicjagstang

Sonicjagstang
    from IL.

5. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

I AGREE!! Cant get no more perfect. :cool:

6. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Looks great. But i think with all these custom touches its screaming for some whitewalls and steelies :eek:

7. alittle1

alittle1

Have you thought about setting the bumper back into the body more and losing the gravel pan in order to frame the grille opening all around?

8. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

So, I take it that Butch Bunn is know longer involved with Butch's cool stuff? I know he sold off but thought he was staying on for awhile.

9. Norton1

Norton1
    from Idaho

I believe Butch is still a part of it - he has a blog that talks about how to do the changing on various cars. He also answers questions about How to do it stuff. So to the best of my knowledge he's still part of it but the actual running of the shop is by the new owner. And I believe that is Terry -

I also think Butch is doing some of the car shows in the Butch's Cool Stuff booth. Talking about the products he has, and is, developing in conjunction with Terry. I know Terry is an incredibly talented guy who is somewhat of a perfectionist!

BTW - I do not work for Butch's. My minor little involvement was assisting with the development of this vertical grille. And I'm kind of proud of it - it really came out better than I thought it would. It looks like it belongs there and has really been well received by the other rodders in my area. Pure custom Bros -

I've also used a couple of their other products and have been very pleased with the products, the service, the guarantees, and the neighborhood attitude of the place. It's like when I am working on stuff here and one of my friends comes by and needs a hand or a part. Same same -

10. ButchsCoolStuff

ButchsCoolStuff

Steve, we're the ones who needs to thank you! It was a real trip working with you and we agree, the grille turned out.......real kewl beans!
    the gang at BCS

11. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

WORK OF ART . That grill improves the front end of that car ten fold. IMHO

12. Philbilly

Philbilly

Looks good dude!

13. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

much better---and it's original. Not a 53-54 Chev piece. Waytogo.

14. Norton1

Norton1
    from Idaho

Thank you all for the nice comments. As I look at the pictures of your cars I realize that you all are passing on some high praise for this effort. After 50 years of building Hot Rods and bikes it is nice to know others share the lifestyle and understand the work that goes into making things that "fit" and "work" with the car.

I appreciate it - you all have a superb day as I'm going for a drive -

15. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Brotherhoodlum of the H.A.M.B.
    Nice grille, Great story.

16. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I like it, because it fills out the complete cavity. Looks better blacked out. I had to do the same to mine with the new Merc grill. Keep up the good work. Larry

17. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Looks really good and different. I've had over 6 months of lost sleep trying to sort my front grills out. 12 different mock ups, 3 made up (bar the chroming) and all hit the dumpster.

Whats next for your car then?

Dan:cool:

18. Norton1

Norton1
    from Idaho

My next major project is putting a new rear end under it. Currently is has a non-posi 3:1 8" under it. I now have a 9" ford with 3:55 posi gears in it. It's several inches narrower, came out of an early Bronco, and should really pep it up. It will also give me the opportunity to clean the springs up, put some polyfiber between the leaves, and lower it an inch in the rear.

I like the Dago'd look but it is almost too much so if I drop the rear it'll be just that much slicker.

Then I'm pulling the front bumper, rolling the pan, and putting nerf bar bumpers on it. The bars will be exactly the same as the grille teeth and should really class it up -

Geezzzz - the list goes on and on and on!!

19. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

At first I thought it looked pretty good, but definitely needed blacked out behind the grille. Now that it is, it looks amazing man!