Register now to get rid of these ads!

my grandpa is in a better place now.. he taught me well

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luvzccr, Feb 20, 2011.

1. luvzccr

luvzccr

this thread is simply to thank my grandpa, and to share his story to you guys. you can simply sit back and read this and that's fine by me :)

this past tuesday, i posted a thread on here about getting a 460 ford engine for my '58 fairlane. i was excited to get it going again hopefully soon. the next day, my grandpa was on his deathbed, i witnessed him take his final breath here on earth. me and my dad miss him very much, but he impacted us so much. we got to tell him before he died how well he taught us, how to never give up, how he was OUR mentor and hero.

there is a story behind my '58 ford fairlane... i dont post much here on the HAMB, but i've had mine since i was 15, and i turn 21 this thursday. i am honored that my grandpas funeral is wednesday so i can say goodbye to him as my early birthday gift, and he can watch over me from the heavens the next day. it makes me teary eyed thinking of it.

anyway, back to the '58 story.. when i was 4 years old, my dad saw a 58 ford for sale and really fell in love with it. my grandpa bought it for him, and THEY both fixed it up, making it super nice and clean. i helped them out on it, that was my earliest memory, working on that with BOTH of them.
    my sister angie got her liscense and saw a mustang in '97, she wanted it, so my dad sold the 58 for her.
    in 2000, me and my grandpa were driving to the barber shop to get our haircut. on the way there, we saw a '58 ford for sale! a bright yellow one.. we pulled over to look, only to realize that the center console he and my dad built was in it. IT WAS THE SAME FORD.
    we got the camera and headed back and took some photos of it, he was tickled to see it and be with it again. we got some photos of the beauty and headed home.

ever since then i wanted my own 58.... and when i turned 15, i saw one, and my grandpa paid for it for me. 2000 bucks. he and i and my dad all worked on it together... he would always ask how its going with it, and i'd always say, 'its comin along grandpa!'

well now that he's passed, and i got that new motor the day before he died, maybe its a sign that things are coming together to finish it up, just for him. never will i sell my 58 ford, this is a memory of my grandpa i cannot give away or put a price on.

sorry for a long rant, im not looking for replies or anything of that sort, this is me simply expressing my feelings for him. i love you grandpa so much and i miss you. thank you for teaching me everything i know.

[​IMG]

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sorry for your loss, but having that car sure will keep his memory with you forever. I've got my Dad's Roadster and know exactly how you feel. Prayers going out to you and your family.

3. cheveey57

cheveey57

Sorry for the loss but sounds like you will keep his memory alive.

4. When you lose someone with that kind of influence in your life it is always the memories that keep you going. Sorry about your Grandpa but know he is always with you. Rob.

5. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Our thoughts are with you, just lost my mother last week and know what you are going thru

6. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

God Speed to Him.

R.I.P.

7. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

God speed on gramps, I went through the same with my older bro but I know he,s still keepin a eye me to make sure I,m doin it the corect way

8. My condolences to you and your family and prayers on your behalf in this time of sorrow, thankful that you enjoyed such a delightful and positive relationship with your grandfather. Your grandfather certainly delighted in his relationship with you.

9. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

He's watch'n over 'ya!

Keep the memories goin'....

10. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I sounds like he was a great guy.

Doc.

11. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

rant my ass, sounds like he was a great guy, sorry to hear of his passing. its great that you found the car and that he granted a kids wish to have your own. i recently found a motorcycle that my dad restored in the 60's, sold in the 80's and i just found it a couple of months ago unrestored and untouched just like it was when my pop sold it. my mother teared up when i told her i found it, and was going to buy it back. i just hope i have an impact on my son the way my pop did on me.

12. HotRod33

HotRod33

When you do get it running take your Dad and a picture of Grandpa for the first ride...... all of you together ............. As long as you remember him he will always be there with you........

13. RAY With

RAY With

I lost my Grandfather many years ago and know the pain and its a great thing you had all the time you did with him and to learn from him. Prayers go out to your family and as long as you keep him in your thoughts he will always be with you.