Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My fun at the Roadmates corn roast 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skunk victim, Sep 7, 2009.

1. it all started with my buddy bryan and his dad and a few guys at the club pressuring me to bring my unfinished t coupe down to this years corn roast. i drop by quite often to help my buddy work on his merc so theres been talk of my car for a couple years and everyone was anxious to see if it actually existed! i was telling them i didnt think it was a good idea to trailer my car out in its nearly done but unfinished condition. after a couple long days making it look alright, i said sure! and loaded my truck saturday morning.

after it was strapped down and driving to the gas station i knew it was the right idea. seeing my car as a hot rod on its way to the show instead of a rolling pile of parts was the best feeling i have felt in a while. getting a glimps of the polished 6x2 and fresh red paint in the mirror every time i turned a corner blew my mind. i actually did it. i built a hot rod! we got there early, parked the t and the truck and before i knew it i was having the best hot rod talks with guys who started hot rodding in toronto back in the 50s. but more importantly the fact they are all new andold friends and fellow hot rodders. what a rush! and what motivation. there were some great cars and great weather, a red 36 that i could swear is a hambers car, mudflaps busted chevy which is always fun to look at, a nice bagged chevy and of course jeff norwells spot on pick up which made a fashionable exit onto the north service.

well...im rambling again so all in all it was great to meet people i wouldnt have had the chance to meet if i hadnt of brought my car, the compliments, pointers and smiles about my car was enough to give me all the motivation i need to finish this t in no time. so thanks to everyone and what a great weekend.

i didnt take nearly enough pictures but heres a couple to end the post with.

keith

Attached Files:

2. Those Roadmate guys are a class act and I need to get back up there for a visit.

3. Great times at the corn roast. Thanks to all the Roadmate members who made this enjoyable. How much better can you get then $2.00 beer and lots of awesome cars to look at. Keith it was nice to finally meet you and to see the 27. Some more pics of the show below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Keith, it was a great day and really nice to meet ya...... super killer Koupe... its gonna be a winner!

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Phil...I was hoping you'd be there... We gotta hook up again!