Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Fronty speedster dreams were destroyed today.Caution, tradition hot rod content.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BCR, Aug 13, 2011.

1. BCR

BCR

Went to an auction today with the intention of buying this car.

[​IMG]

Home built in the 70's but running a Frontenac headed t engine with a 1922 title!!!!!!!!!! Sold for $9000.00 I took the bidding a lot further than I had planned but the same guy bought both the speedster and the 27. I talked to him later and he said he was going to paint a number on the side of the speedster, make it run, and leave it alone. Cool little car but not in my budget at this time. Guess I will have to build one. Anyone have a fronty head for sale???

This 27 also was sporting the Frontenac head with the exhaust manifold but with the back of the valve cover chopped off to clear the firewall.

[​IMG]

This one brought 9500 Full of rat crap!!! Absolutly Full!!! Nice body though.

I didn't get a pic of the motor in either car. Yea I know you all want to see a fronty. Here is a pic of a motor ripped off of another guys thread.
    [​IMG]

Came home minus $5.00 for a cheeseburger and a pop. Cool to watch them sell.

Oh yea, the a coupe brought 10,000. Older resto, full of rat crap, has not ran in 15 years, needed alot of help on the body.

The bantum went for 12,700.00 again, full of rat crap, body needed help and had not ran in 15 years.

The 59 T bird 2100, rusty, full of crap, nasty!!!

Did I mention that all of these items were full to the gills with rat crap.

Now I am sulking at the shop, I guess I will work on my roadster to fix the rear axel that broke at KKOA.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

have a beer , turn on some tunes , and stop thinking of rat crap , better luck next time , if it was meant to happen it would of ,

3. BCR

BCR

I am two Corona's in!!

Guy who bought it did not look to be hurting for $$. Not in the cards today.

The owner of these cars died quite a few years ago but I heard from one of his friends that he paid $5.00 for one Fronty head back in the 70's.

4. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Sounds like a lot of money for red X's.

5. You mean blue ? marks.

I can't see any pics!

6. BCR

BCR

7. BCR

BCR

How about now?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Yup. That's a bummer. Hey, what's that kickass little red roadster?

9. This un...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ sucka!

10. BCR

BCR

1939 American Austin Bantum hollywood roadster. ...full of ....you guessed it...rat crap!!

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Dammit man----that would have been cool. Did PJ get the Bantam roadster?

12. Me likey. Sorry about the Fronty...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  13. BCR

BCR

Heavy set guy about mid 50's bought the Austin.

Looked like a father and son bought both of the t's from Mcphearson

14. BCR

BCR

I didn't know what to pay?? No real guide lines on Fronty equipt home built speedsters. Oh well, there is always the next time:rolleyes:

15. Dang... I was hoping that you would get it...!

Get the rear end together for the HAMB drags?

16. BCR

BCR

The piece of the axel that broke is stuck. I spent all afternoon trying to coax it out. Made a tapered rod with splines to drive into the the old axel and pulled on it with a slide hammer.:mad: No joy! It all comes apart tomorrow afternoon.:eek:

17. Might be able to hammer the other axle into the Locker and it might drive it out enough to free the broken piece... might be little better than the tapered rod!

18. BCR

BCR

tried that right away. Think welded in!!!!!!!!!!!

I did alot of research on Fronty's, pretty cool piece. I think a stock t went 22 hp and a complete fronty set up made 65. That is a quantium leap. Triple the power:eek::eek:

19. Fe26

Fe26

My favourite.[​IMG]

20. BCR

BCR

Believe it or not...this item was stolen last night along with a few other choice pieces. Sad commentary on society.:(

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sounds like the only thing at market price was the Bantam, both T's were over priced IMO.

22. BCR

BCR

A real nice 27 t coupe that is restored will bring 10,000. The speedster was just cool even if it was built in the 70's but you can get a cool speedster for less.

The problem was I couldn't find a value on Fronty heads. I just put a price that they would be worth to me and the other guy must have valued them more.

The A was a good car at 5500 in my book, but at 10k it was not for me.

I also thought the bantum brought full retail. It would need a lot of clean up,new upholstery, paint to be nice. It was missing the rocker trim also.

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Maybe someone on the Hamb has a speedster for sale that BCR could buy?

24. BCR

BCR

It was more the Fronty equiptment. It is hard to say what a Fronty setup is worth. Any one see the street version sell lately??

25. Hate to say it, but you'd probably be better off buying a car that has a Fronty setup and flip what you don't use- that way you're not overpaying for just a setup/trying to find unobtainium parts/etc...

26. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

head and a pile of bits will set you back 3k, 5k on a bad day.

seen lots of guys spend a grand and change on a striped head and think they got a deal. then spend another grand and change to have a valve train built, then throw in another half a grand to get the valves and other bits, plus a half a grand to get a good working Winfield...so all that being said...

27. BCR

BCR

That is what I intended to do but I guess I didn't put the right value on a complete setup.

I told my buddy's I would figure the head, bosch dist, and winfield carb at 5k. That is why I stopped bidding when I did. Guess the other guy wanted it worse.

I am on the hunt now(actually more fun than ownership is the hunt to find and obtain the parts, so in a way I am still getting to have fun :D)

28. I never told a SOLE !!!! >>>>.

29. BCR

BCR

Ha Ha, guess I will just pour some more into the w block!:eek:

30. BCR,

In a perfect world, Jay Leno would buy a Fronty DOHC, nd throw it into his 3D imager/etc, and pop out a few thousand or so :)

No disrepsect to Mr. Leno either- I would be his garage sweep any day!