Register now to get rid of these ads!

My frist trip to Vegas...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, Mar 18, 2008.

1. TX Harcore,

If you come to have fun, you will have fun. Viva is a great time and if you've never been, bring an open mind with you. Comin' outta the gate with the "I don't care for it" attitiude seems counter productive. If all else fails come find the Lonely Knights we'll get ya drunk....or in trouble.....(they seem to go hand-in-hand).

If you are a true Vegas first timer there is alot to do up and down the strip. Hoover Dam is worth seeing, but you'd need a ride. There is a shooting range where you can rent and shoot machine guns, that's a great stress reliever. If you get bored in Vegas it's not for their lack of effort.

Don't get me wrong, cuz I love Texas, always have a great time down there, of course, we go there to enjoy what's offered. But there is a great big world outside the "confines" that flat gets it !

Have a great trip........Johnnie.

2. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Worst Ive done in Vegas is walk from the end of the strip back to Freemont at night. With the flu. That sucked ass, I was walking for hours!

3. The NHRA Round is the same weekend as VLV at the Vegas Speedway...guess where I'm going Friday....

4. Diamond49

Diamond49

Does anyone really know if the Neon Junkyard is still there? If so, can you tell me where its located? Going to VLV too, have a few xtra days to kick around.

5. http://www.neonmuseum.org/

:D

Book ahead for the junkyard tour

6. 402

When I went a couple years ago I got in free cause I had AAA.

7. I think you can pretty much get in free any time if you BS the guy at the desk, or just pick up a copy of one of the many freebie tourist type guides around the hotels.

8. Lucky77

Lucky77

At the risk of sounding too mushy, take your girl up in the Eiffel Tower at Paris and check out the Belagio fountains at night. Chics dig it, should seal the deal:D

9. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

two words: Liberace Museum

10. Great minds think alike. That's two votes, you hafta go!!!

11. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

I'm flying to vegas too for the show mabe Ill see ya there. If I were you I would go to socal speed shop it is real cool. it is on 4200 W. desert inn rd. las vegas all sorts of cool cars there too. lots of parts and clothing. My family lives there and my sister is taking me to the show in her teal 57 chevy. I can't wait to go.

12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

13. Rellim51

Rellim51
    from West TN

We always go to this go kart track when we're in town for SEMA. These ain't not kiddie karts! Serious racing with full suits and helmets. You will be exhausted when your 20 laps are over.

http://fastlaplv.com/

14. JustJoey

JustJoey

If you like Elvis there is a mini Elvis museum in the Hard Rock.

15. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Take a shuttle to the Bunny Ranch in Parump. A happy ending is guaranteed.

16. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

A couple of years ago did the Richard Petty ride along. If all else fails you could just drink.

17. axle

axle
    from Drag City

WRONG !

As organizer of the VLV car show i will state for the record that Wednesday,Thursday,Friday, and Sunday you can drive in & out of the car show as long as you are registered and have a wristband.The one & only problem with that is you more than likely lose your initial parking spot. Saturday is the only day one cannot drive around, and you shouldn't be able to - not with 10,000 people walking around - there's just too much congestion.

Second - FiveWindowJohnnie & A32Flathead - You guys are my hero's for the week.

THINGS TO SEE IN LAS VEGAS - First off, if you hate music then stuff inside VLV might not be your cup of Tea. Just to let everyone know,There will be Rockabilly,Surf,Doo Wop,RocknRoll,& Rhythm & blues music (not just Rockabilly) so why not give some of it a chance? There will also be over 250 vendors selling an array of vintage clothing,memorabilia,records,CD's, Hawaiian/Tiki,collectibles,art,etc (last year i found a 2 ft/ stack of early 50's Hot Rod magazines for a buck a piece) so you NEVER know what you're gonna find!

Back to touristy Las Vegas -

Imperial Palace - Car Museum

So Cal Speed Shop.

Titanic display is AMAZING! - Tropicana

Junk Yards just north of town - Lots of cool old stuff in dry desert climate.

Neon Sign Junk Yard - very cool !

Drags are also happening at the raceway!

And thats my 2 cents.