Register now to get rid of these ads!

My friends dont like hot rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GovernorKC, Jul 11, 2012.

1. power wagon

power wagon

iam in that area ,about 40 miles north

2. pvduke

pvduke
    from SoCal

People are over-rated.

Hot Rods aint.

3. erlomd

erlomd

I have 3 friends...all of whom are into cars of their own world and they are fun to hang around with at car shows and when cruising together, but when I went away to college, most of my friends were into the department store stereotypical things that guys are supposed to like, for example golf, colognes and sports teams...trying to watch "the big game" and things of that nature. if any of them liked cars it was centered around brand new cars like mustang, porsche or corvette.
    the only male bonding i know of was with my dad, which is similar to how you describe your father. now that hes gone, I usually try to do things in the garage, or work on the car as if were here. seems that he was the only "real" friend. my wife is a supporter of my passion for hot rods...but its never fully there. and like many husbands out there, its ok.
    hopefully when ill have a son or daughter ill make them my new best friends and maybe they'll enjoy what we all here enjoy. other than that, keep your Dad close! and take him out with the car as much as you can. because thats your real best friend....and your other best friend is the hot rod your in!

4. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

My wife is my best friend...but...

it's not how many friends YOU have, but, how many people call you friend......

5. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Definitely time to find some new friends...

6. pvduke

pvduke
    from SoCal

If yer FRIEND cant handle the Sunday morning post-street racing "we took all yer money celebretory 3:00 AM, 6Krpm clutch dump-n-bail big smokey burnout" in front of his house with jeering cat calls and matching tires marks that last 6 months starting @ his driveway then..........he's proly friends with Richard Simons, not you.

Fugm if they cant take a hot-tire. :D

7. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Most of my close friends are hot rodders ... the ones who arn't probablly put up with me just to see what I'm gonna do next!

8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a thing about the difference between a friend and a buddy...

9. A buddy you call to bail you from jail, a friend is sitting beside you in jail

10. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Yesterday I worked in a friends shop that was helping me out with some welding until about 5:00, on the way home stopped by another friends house and helped him get the body back on the Bonneville car.
    Then I came home and worked on my Model A for a short while, then to my neighbor's shop to help him with his F-1 Got home at 11:00, it's hard to do this stuff without friends.

11. tjmercury

tjmercury

Sounds like you need new friends! Most of mine dig old cars and loud bikes, and the few that don't, don't seem to hang around very much! Lol

12. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

My real friends are not car guys. Lets define freinds as people I like to hang out with, go to their house, would do anything for, ect. I have lots of "freinds" that are car guys, but I don't really hang out with them. Lots of car guys I see I wouldn't want to hang out with, other than being around them at a car show, and then I can ignore them if I want to.

13. Arthur1958

Arthur1958

I avoid other people as much as possible.

14. How can anyone in Wisconsin not like a rod or Harley. It's like not liking the Packers. To each his own said the farmer who kissed the cow and the dog stood up and said, you're both crazy!! Get new friends.

15. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Can someone even explain why the fuck i would want to drive a prius or any other limp dick'd POS modern car like that??? Truly the pinnical of automotive technology was between 1955 and 1970 so why settle for a limp ass ugly car?? BTW i was brought home from the hospital in a 20 year old 65 mustang, and i have never owned anything newer than 1981.... my daily is a '65 el camino...

16. losthubcap

losthubcap
    from Upstate NY

That can be a good thing. There would be a lot less cars & parts available if everybody was into them. A lot of the stuff is already priced too high !

17. Midget25

Midget25

Lets see Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, and Jose Cuervo? On the serious side you will have more fun doing car things with car guys & gals. You don't have to dump you old friends just add some GOOD friends.

18. Rodders

Rodders

dont have any friends that are in to hotrod my wife could care less if you want to go somewhere let me you are not that far away.

19. You forgot Jerry and the "Hunt Master" (Jagermeister).

I have friends into all kinds of stuff im not into.But they are my friends regardless because of the people they are on the inside.

20. RC Kid

RC Kid
    from Alabama

My wife and I were out in my old truck the other day. Something she rarely does. And of course it was hot outside, you see, I don't have A/C. Well after looking around at the patina my wife asks "do you really like driving this old truck?"
    I didn't know what to say to the old girl. So after a few secounds of thought I patted the dash of my beautiful old girl and told her not to listen to the woman in the passenger seat "She just doesn't understand".

21. 29moonshine

29moonshine

like my grand father said your lucky if you have one good friend in your life your extremly lucky if you marry her .i have a lot of people who show up when something brakes or they need something you could call them friends

22. ricky from va

ricky from va

I have no friends

23. 117harv

117harv

^^^^I checked your profile, you weren't kidding, do you want any??

24. BurnoutNova

BurnoutNova
    from USA

lol

25. JJK

JJK

I like my non car friends; I think it’s really important not to get stagnant. I get all types of inspiration and perspective from their interests and vice a versa. Keep your friends and you never know when they have a relative who wants to dump some old car or parts.

26. My FRIENDS hang out with me and share my passion! The rest are just acquaintances...who cares what they think? I respect their tastes and expect the same respect. F*ck the rest!

27. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used to live on Mooselook on Bemis Rd. back in the 80's. The family still has property up there.

28. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Not only do my friends live and eat hot rods but they are really nice intelligent people. One of the worst things is growing older and having your friends die. That sucks. Cherish the ones who share your passion and enjoy the ones who don't. You can never have too many friends no matter what they like. The worst thing you can say about your friends is "Ya I knew him but I didn't know him!"

29. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

My friends love cars but not as much as me, I guess I go over board with other makes and models and cars from other countries.