Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Free .99 1959 Apache

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Asphalt-Pirate, Nov 29, 2012.

1. This truck has belonged to my uncle since the 70's. It hasn't been driven since the 80's. It got moved to a field behind his house probably 7 years ago and has been rotting away ever since. I forgot it was even back there til a year or so ago when we went back there to shoot some guns. So I asked him about it and he kinda blew me off. Every now and then I'd bring it up. So he showed me the title one night and I told em I wanted it really bad. So a week ago I went over to his house for some poker and beer action. After I took everybodies money I asked him did he want his loot back plus some more for the truck. He says hell if you want it go back there and get it!! I tried giving him some loot but he just gave me the truck fo FREE!! I was excited as all! So the next day I hit up the local wrecker service to pick it up and deliver it to my house

It definitely had a pine tree growing thru the bumper

[​IMG]

Taking her home!

[​IMG]

2. Some pics out of the field

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Awesome, congrats! Fleetsides are wicked freaking cool!

4. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Looks like it took some target practice shots. First vehicle I ever drove was a '58 Apache of my Dad's. 327 and Muncie 4-sp.

Got two "free" projects myself in August - nothing about them has been free since.

:D

5. 1959apache

1959apache

Congrats, good looking truck! There are a lot of builds on the HAMB for these 58's and 59's, yours doesn't appear to be in terrible shape, so it looks like you scored big time!

6. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Cool starting point, and family history to boot.

7. Yeah man I typed Apache in the search box one time and all kind of threads popped up. Had me tied up for a good hour or so at my desk, haha...

And I swear when I was a kid I remember my two younger cousins throwing rocks at the windows. If only I could go back in time and say hey put down the rocks you little bastards!! I need this glass in 20 years! lol

8. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

So what's your plan for it?

Looks like it MIGHT have some serious cancer around the roof and rear window. Nevertheless, for free? Hell yeah, I'd jump on that. With family history I'd bring it back from the dead. But even without that and a worst case scenario its got LOTS of good pieces on it.

9. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

If you could time travel - you would make a few good bets or investments and be having it professionally built right now. ;)

So what is your vision for it and step #1 or so?

:cool:

10. Yeah with the family history with it, as soon as I get it drive able I'm gonna go pick up my uncle and take him on a cruise!! Rip some burnouts, show off a little bit, lol

Well my ultimate vision and goal would be to fully restore it. But for time being I want to get it set down on a S-10 frame I just picked up. It's actually got a running 4.3 V6 with auto trans with low miles in it already. I need to replace the driver side fender and possibly the door. I need all the glass. Gonna roll it on some wide whites for sure

Anybody ever ran one of those 4.3 V6motors? It's coming out of a 92 S-10. $500 bucks in the frame and motor is a pretty good deal I think and hard not to pass up, lol.... I would want to go bigger and faster on down the line

11. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Lots of suspension parts out there for S10 - considered that myself for a '40 COE build that never got off paper.

;)

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Weird. I was literally JUST looking at late 50's Apaches in NC 5 minutes ago and then looked at this.

Awesome score! I'll double your money if you want to part with it! ;):D

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

What's that wagon behind it...???

R-

14. Haha, no shit....Man as long as I've wanted this thing I gotta hold on to it:)

Yeah it'll be way more modernized. Power steering and brakes and way better suspension:cool:

An old plymoth volare bucket

15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yep, you said that right...thanx,
    R-

16. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

Love it!! When I was a teenager my god father had one and I always liked to ride in it. My personal choice for a truck.

17. sololobo

sololobo

Price is right for a way cool truck, a good clean up will change it a bunch. If it is to much trouble, I can get it outta your life. No, o.k. dude get after that bad boy, best o luck. ~sololobo~

18. Yeah that's my plans for the weekend. A clean up and a good interior stripping to check out the floor boards hoping for the best! lol...Thanks man!!

19. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

nice! had one a few years ago myself.... miss it, so i just started collecting parts to put together another one ! have fun with it!!!

Attached Files:

20. Damnit son!! That's a sexy ass mofo right there! Love it! It does looks super clean all shaved up too

21. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Good score man, im building an apache now. put a thread up man, ill be looking

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

22. I was checking out your thread the other day. You got some nice work going into it. Got me super jealous!! Keep it up bro!!