Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My first vintage car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30FordNerd, Mar 17, 2014.

1. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

On Sunday afternoon I bought my first car which is a 1955 FJ Holden ute. It was stored in an abattoir in our town for more then 20 years. The car is a good solid start for my first project which still has the original paint and with hardly any rust but does have some minor dents in certain spots.

.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. spanners

spanners

Looks like a good start. What are your plans for it? I know I'll get savaged on here but think very carefully before chopping the top as I've not seen one that looks 'right'. Just my opinion.
    I've got a ute and a panelvan, both not stock but modified enough to make them different but still driveable. The ute has a 179cu.in. red motor with Celica box and I use it to tow my HAMBster to the drags including the 1756 klms to Willowbank and home again with no problems.

3. Congratulations Matt, I'm proud of you how you did not offer the man an embarrassing low ball offer and respected his values - even on your very limited high school budget. I am even more proud of the fact that you offered to help him clean up his storage area as you recognised he has physical limitations and has not the mobility that he once would of had.
    It is great that you now have a neat old car of your very own and I can't wait to guide you where necessary and assist you to build it into the neat car that I know it will be. Great result mate! -H.R.D-

4. khead47

khead47

What is an "abattoir" ?

5. Slaughterhouse. HRP

6. fnqvmuch

fnqvmuch

meatworks/slaughterhouse etc., (probably mutton in that neck of the woods)
    btw - is '55 vintage already?

7. We are back on topic now.

8. Cool project, what kind of power plant are we looking at?

9. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guy's got some pretty cool stuff over there!

10. luv them Ute's....good luck with the build....

11. v8juice

v8juice

12. Right on man, looks like a lot of potential there