Register now to get rid of these ads!

my first trip to socal......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chieftian, Mar 22, 2011.

1. 53chieftian

53chieftian

I'm taking my first trip to So-Cal this Thursday, San Diego to be exact. Is there any good cruise spots to check out Friday or Saturday nights? Or anything else a guy "must do" in the area? Thanks guys and gals! Tony.

2. How long are you staying? On Friday evenings there is Cruisin' Grand in Escondido (35-40 miles north of SD). it doesn't start until April 1 though.

3. 61TBird

61TBird

Left side of page,Air and Space,Auto and Model Railroad Museums.
    http://www.balboapark.org/in-the-park/Museums
    You'll spend a full day at Balboa Park checking out everything else.

The Hotel Del Coronado and Coronado Island are "must see" places also.

4. mickeyc

mickeyc

If you can make it up to Pamona the So-Cal tour is worth the effort. I have been a few times and really enjoyed it. The folks are friemdly and really give an indepth look at a big time hotrod shop in action. Close by is the Old Ford Store in San Dimas also interesting.

5. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

6. 53chieftian

53chieftian

I will only be there Thursday through Sunday, thanks for the links guys! Anyone else want to add anything, feel free!

7. For a car guy a trip to So-Cal will make your head spin. I did about 5 tours of duty in Huntington Beach for McDonnell-Douglas / Boeing in the mid 90's. My longest stay was 7 weeks, the shortest 3 weeks and I absolutely loved it there. My favorite things I did were the Long Beach swap meet and the SanDiego swap meet at Jack Murphy Stadium. My last trip there was the 3 week trip and I went to a different cruise night ,every night for the last 2 weeks. I dont think I saw the same car twice at any of them. Use the link hotrodron gave you and you will have a experience of a lifetime.

8. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

not much shakin' this weekend car wise, a good tourist thing to do would be a harbor dinner or lunch cruise

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are you bringing your Pontiac??? I want to see that thing...

10. 53chieftian

53chieftian

Sorry scooter, no Pontiac on this trip!

11. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BOOOO!

In case you're interested in coming up this way, there is a Model A pancake breakfast in Orange, Sunday morning. 8-11 AM. Probably far, but just thought I would let you know about it. Nice gathering. Look for the thread.

12. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Beach Cruiser Run at Huntington Beach Pier Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th. About 400 to 500 cars of all kinds and more Woodies than you can imagine.

13. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

The Goodguys event is in DelMar this weekend , just a little north of SD.