Register now to get rid of these ads!

History My first rod (60’s survivor)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by fatty mcguire, Aug 12, 2020.

1. belair

belair

Looks like it fell into the right hands. Congrats. I'm not a fan of the fenders either, but laws and taste don't always swing my way. It's a great little car with (and they ought to stay) or without (the new owner's choice) them.

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I love the fenders lol. It’s how it really was.

not as @porknbeaner would say “bull shit newstalgia”

and honestly I do think they look good and done well. I’ve seen tons of garbage cycle style fenders and these are just fine.

I want to see it next to @cactus1 bachelor button. Maybe @J.Ukrop can shot them together at the 2021 hamb drags ;) ;)

3. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I believe the headlights were mounted high because that was the law, minimum height requirements. They look a bit guffey these days but, like the fenders, they HAD to. . . Or else!

4. glrbird

glrbird

Are the rear tires ATLAS Bucrones(sp)? That would date the last time tires were put on it.

loudbang likes this.
  5. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Sounds like one hell of a feature to me!

cactus1, loudbang, Tim and 3 others like this.
  6. bt34

bt34

What brand/make is the inlet manifold? Awesome car.

loudbang likes this.
  7. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To me those rear skins look like hard compound cheater slicks, rather than Bucrons. From what I see that intake looks like a factory 340 or 365 hp unit.

loudbang likes this.
  8. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

Thanks guys, the car cleaned up pretty nice and the interior looks great with a light scrub, I have mixed feelings about the fenders, both sides need some welding on the brackets so if it’s on the road maybe finish the season with out them. I did reach out to the family asking to keep an eye out for the front fenders if she finds them def gonna run fenders. It’s a 57 283 with mid 60s double humps and a L79 factory intake. Luv to hear opinions but some of the “making it mine/changing”ideas not sure if I should cut and buff the paint that’s there except where body work is showing. I’m not really fan of the 4 barrel thinking about 4x2 set or splurge on An old 471 supercharger. The slicks are awesome they are a little dry so if anyone has the same or similar I’d luv to have a back up set since don’t think they make thin whites? And 14” slicks. We got the car running but the trans was stuck in neutral, so pulled out the 3 speed thinking about upgrading to a 4 since itll bolt up and look the same. Other than that pretty much just clean it up.

9. chiro

chiro

Fab indeed. Great find. Enjoy it.

Andy

loudbang likes this.
  10. 1930 turbo

1930 turbo
    from pa.

Like your roadster. I ran a pair of whitewall cheater slicks,like yours, on my 1960 Corvette in 1968. Bought them at the local Western Auto store. Good times!

loudbang likes this.
  11. Beautiful find. Just missed one over in Washington,NJ. not long ago. Don't know who got it, at 1st I thought your was it.

loudbang likes this.
  12. Apache Albert

Apache Albert

Awesome find! Definitely just a lil paint loving and rubbing before showing her off. The rear fenders are done exceptionally well (they hav... must stay) :D

loudbang likes this.
  13. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Nice score. Enjoy.

loudbang likes this.