Register now to get rid of these ads!

My first pick as a non-picker!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CARtoons Magazine, Sep 30, 2011.

1. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

A few weeks ago I was driving the country roads in my ol pickup in the area where I am building my new house and passed by a yard with a huge building. The property had crap everywhere and I noticed the big doors on the building was open with someone in it, so I turned around and pulled in. A 70 something year ol man came out and complimented on my truck. I asked him if he had any parts for my truck and he mentioned that he might have a front bumper that I actually needed. As soon as I stepped foot in this building, I noticed it was an old diesel mechanic repair shop and was jammed full of everything to anything this ol guy filled it with. After a bit of digging around, he pulls out a 90's style bumper. Of course not what I was after, but I made a comment on all his stuff. He told me he sold the land and had to get everything out within weeks. So i asked if I could look around and the ol man turned out to be a super cool guy. I would say I looked through everything to anything to find any vintage goods. Gathered everything up that I thought was worth while and asked how much for the whole shot. In the end I ended up going back there 2 more times and ended up spending $400. Here is little more then half the stuff I got from him. Never ended up taking pics of everything. I would say this was my very first pick, I probably my last since I am not a picker, but hey, you never know. I might drive by another similar place.

Anyways, here are some pics. Enjoy. Marc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

I forgot to mention that the guitar was his baby. He only sold it cause he said his hands didn't work like they used to, so it was no good to him. I got it checked out and it's a 1964 B25 Gibson. The jem of the whole pick.

3. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Wow...looks like you did pretty well. Did he have any signs or other stuff ??

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

I pretty much picked over everything I thought was worth buying. He had tons of old Fargos and parts, but wasn't selling any of it cause that was his project.

6. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Cool stuff! How big is that ammo box? I have a similar one that was used for land mines.

7. Scored this the other day as well as some other stuff...

Attached Files:

8. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Holy crap, that Gibson acoustic guitar is worth about 4 or 5 times what you paid for EVERYTHING! Congrats!

9. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Sounds like ya stole the Gibson and everything else was just gravy. ;)

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think old amplifiers are worth some money too. Good score. :)

Don

11. cederholm

cederholm

Damn!!!! Great score - congratz!

12. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

You gotta hell of a good deal especially with the Gibson but that old Supreme amp probably won't work and junk anyway so just send it on to me and i'll get rid of it for ya..... Damn good score...congrats

13. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

what a great bunch of stuff you happened along at the right time

14. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

The ammo box is fairly big and I got 2 of them. 1943 is stamped on both.

15. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

Thanks again. The fire truck siren is worth around $700. The dual lights are either 70's peterbuilt or someone said Buick? There are lots of small lights, lenses and even vintage fog lights. The amps are worth a lot, still doing research on them. As for the Gibson, I asked what he wanted and paid him the $200 that he wanted without trying to get it cheaper. Ya this score almost got me hooked to go find more, but my new home has to be built first.