Register now to get rid of these ads!

My First L.A. Roadsters Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Weasel

Weasel

Not only do the L.A. Roadsters put on the best show of all - year after year, but the roadsters owners get in for free - what a concept eh? Free entries for the guys around whom the show revolves.

Even so, every year the L.A. Roadsters give thousands of dollars to the City of Hope cancer center, and I for one have no problem ponying up for preferred parking and the spectator entry fee.

As for the club members - they are great ambassadors for all that is good in hot rodding - friendly, polite and very helpful.

Thank you guys - you show the rest how it can and should be done.

Hats off to you all and thanks for keeping the flame going.

2. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Kevin great job. The pics are tops. I have had the pleasure of going to that show a few times and it rules. The swap meet and that outside preferred parking lot are the my favorites. Unfortunately it always comes so quickly after the West Coast Kustom Cruisin Nationals its hard to do both but after seeing your pics i have a feeling I will wind up there next year. So many choices......

3. zellerware

zellerware
    from dad's shop

I highly recommend it.. Some great vintage parts at the sawp meet. The So. Cal open house was even better if you wanted to see customs, coupes and trucks..

4. zellerware

zellerware
    from dad's shop

I can do without all the brookville fakes on the roadster side but the cars in preferred parking and in the swap meet were incredible.

Vintage racers of all sorts- gassers, 29 circa 1930's style Hot Rod, customs and even some cool trucks some for sale at reasonable prices..

Can someone please ask the show organizers who make the t shirts to make a design "Hamb" style for us old schoolers next year?

The t shirt design was aweful..

5. Gaters

Gaters

Kev,

What a great story!

I guess you really don't know what you have until someone points it out. I've been fortunate to have gone to this car show and swap meet since I was in a single digit year of age. It has always been a Father's Day treat to go out with my dad each year (There were a few teen years I didn't attend. Stupid on girls probably). Unfortunately, my dad didn't feel well enough to make it out this year :(. But in true tradition, I am carrying on what my dad taught me and spent the day with my 14 year old daughter cruisin the aisles of the swap meet and car show. Now she's buggin me for an old Ford truck, HA!

You couldn't have met up with a greater guy. Jack Stewart is a very good friend of my dad (Ken Eichert and me). They grew up together in South Gate, CA. In fact, Jack helped pull our roadster out of my dad's Aunt's garage some 45 years ago (working on the roadster now). They are good buddies to this day. Between the two of them, you'd have marveled at the number and types of cars and parts they'd owned at one time or another.

So many good memories that I have of this annual meet, I am very glad your first experience was introduced to you by Jack, a long time member of the LA Roadster with a lot of history behind this show. This club is a bright fixture of the Hot Rod culture.

Regards,

6. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Nice pic of Gary Rickels Buick T!