Register now to get rid of these ads!

My First day as a Rolling Bone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cshabang, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Cshabang

Cshabang

Hey guys- well, I done did it. I made the move up to NY to work for the Rolling Bones. Today was my first day, and let me tell you, it is an amazing job. I'm tearing George Poteets "parts" 5 window down to a bare frame for my first job. My friend Billy O (who many of you out east know) said "Poteets parts car is probably nicer than anything I've ever started with"...haha and I think hes right! So, I'll be postin pics tomm. hopefully.

2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Ask George why he won't let anyone else buy not one god damn 5 window garnish molding off ebay. That guy is a parts whore. Even the doors off my car he made any mortal man cringe at the price. He may have the doors but I have the car. I'll sell it to him for $1,000,0000 and he'll probably pay it but I'll want another 0. How many sets of moldings can one man use? I only need one set. Tell George to call me, I've got a $100 worth of junk i need $1000 for, he'll pay it if someone else needs it. I'm going to chop my next car 1/16" because that's the new deal. George$ who......If my toe had a freaking camel on it I'd have an operation.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Good luck on the new job and move, look forward to photos of ongoing projects. :D

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

All I hafta say is that George Poteet is one of kindest, most generous, laid-back guys I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. And he really pisses me off at times, 'cause he always outbids me on ebay! :eek: When he wants something, look out! :D He WILL get it. :p Although the last auction, he did apologize to me saying he needed the item for a project. It is for the '32 you are working on! It was an NOS V8 headlight bar emblem. Went for $385.00!... See what I mean?

5. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Good luck Chris. You're living the dream. Are they giving you time off to go to ty-rods? If so I'll see you there.

6. glassguy

glassguy

good luck with t he new job your a lucky dude... and tell kieth i said he is a sissy!! :D

7. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Oh, I forgot, good luck with the new job....

8. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Doug
    Have you ever met George,Probably not.He has a use for everything he buys.It seems that you are bitching that he paid you a lot of money for a pair of old doors.You should be happy to have the cash!

9. TimW

TimW
    from Kentucky

Congrats on the new Job! I'll bet its pretty cool to get to work in a place like that that really understands what its all about! I hope they let you post pics for all of us to drool over!
    As far as Mr. Poteet goes, I was bidding on a 32 truck cab on ebay back when George was buying up a bunch of those. I really needed the cab just for the doors. He and I bid against each other and I knew that I couldn't even come close to out bidding him if he really wanted it. I emailed him and told him that I knew he had bought about six cabs in the last month and all I really needed was the doors, I ask if he had an extra pair of doors. He promptly emailed back and told me what his top bid was and that if I went $1.00 more he would stop bidding and let me win it! Pretty decent of a man who has no idea who I am! I've talked with several people that know him well and they say he is as down to earth as any of us, just loves hotrods and is fortunate enough to have pretty much whatever he wants. Give him a shout he may be able to take care of you on the mouldings.

10. Cshabang

Cshabang

hey guys, I know I said I'd post pics, but I still haven't loaded them. I met george only once and he seems like a really nice guy. Paul, I'll see you when you at Ty- Rods. Thanks for the kind words guys, appreciate it, and as Paul says, I'm living the dream I've had since I was a kid....

11. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm living the dream I've had since I was a kid....[/QUOTE]

You're still a kid. But we love ya!

12. Tony

Tony

Congrats!
    Good group of guy's..
    I wouldn't mind being there myself..There's a LOT to be learned from them.

13. Cshabang

Cshabang

a few pics. The chassis is torn down even more. It was a near complete car yesterday. I hope these look alright because I had to resize them quite a bit...

Attached Files:

14. Cshabang

Cshabang

it worked. Well, there I am, the pic of me standing near the car came out with my eyes closed...

15. Tom Branch

Tom Branch

Hi Chris, congrats on the new job!
    It was cool meeting you in Bonneville and hanging out with Ken, Keith, and all the other Rolling Bones guys again.
    Thanks for helping us out with getting our stuff back into the trailer when the storm came in.
    Give my regards to the guys and hopefully we'll see you next year.

Tom

16. Cshabang

Cshabang

hey Tom- it was cool to meet and hangout with you and your family. I still can't believe I got to ride in the Cdan. Man that thing hauls! We'll def. see you guys next year, hopefully before Bonneville. Oh, and Ken says hello. I'm using his computer..