Register now to get rid of these ads!

My first chop 53 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gleeser, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Gleeser

Gleeser
    from Taylor, MO

Here's a couple pics of my buds 53 chevy sedan he and I chopped awhile back. It's the first one either of us had done. He's real pleased with it and I learned alot. It's a 5" and 6" chop. The back window came out of a 52 chevy coupe.

This is the first mod on the car. I told him we better start with the hardest thing in case it goes terribly wrong. Enjoy

Attached Files:

2. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice. I have a 52 back window in my 54 too..

Oh yeah, and thats a 53, as far as the taillights and bumper guard are concerned..

3. Spook

Spook

I don't think anything went wrong. Looks good to me.

4. Gleeser

Gleeser
    from Taylor, MO

53.... oops!! Another mutual friend has a 54 and I always get the two mixed up.... always

5. Looks great, the rear window treatment works with the much of a chop.

Hope to see it got togeather soon.

6. Grant- that things mean lookin!
    Tell RP I like it......

7. Mootz

Mootz

Looks great. Takes balls to start whackin. :D

Mootz

8. skyrodder

skyrodder

Great looking chop for being the first time!

9. Gleeser

Gleeser
    from Taylor, MO

That's probably the paint scheme that'll be on it when it hits the road too.

All our door gaps line up all the way around and the windows are all exactly the same size and square and what not. I ain't gonna lie though, she's gonna take some filler.

He wanted to keep the belt line on the car around the back window but whacking out 6" and being novices with little to no instruction didn't lend itself to keeping that. Hindsight being 20/20 we probablycould have moved the window up some or dropped it into the tray but like I say we were pretty clueless on the whole deal.

Damn it was fun though! I think I got a 54 for myself this weekend. If all that pans out then I'll be dropping it 4" and 5" and keeping the beltline. I'd like to use the stock back window too if it works out. We'll see I guess...

10. stan292

stan292

Gleeser-

Now that's the way for a newbie to make an impression here! Very nice! You guys obviously have some real talent.

You don't see many '53/'54 Chevys chopped at all, let alone something that major. Great work - and congrats for having the balls to just jump in an do it.

I'll be waiting to see a shot of the car outside where we can see it from a few better angles.

11. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Man...really nice job.....The chop has a real nice flow to it.....

Dirty

12. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

13. skyrodder

skyrodder

keeping the paint scheme it has now.. is gonna make it look killer looking... cant wait to see a picture of it outside....

14. Gleeser

Gleeser
    from Taylor, MO

Well, he came and picked it up awhile ago. It's back out to his farm. It has the front clip back on and an Olds grill sorta mocked into place. That makes it look super droopy. Today we dropped by the junkyard and grabbed a couple headlights out of a 54 Customline Ford. They got pretty sick bezels and the dude only wanted 10 bux so if they don't work out, I bet they will on something else.

I'll get out to his house sometime and roll that pig outside to get some good shots with the clip on and grill sittin there. Thanks for the kind words....

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour