Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My first Build 30 Model A Pick-Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jerome.solt, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Just bought it to day from http://www.rufusranch.com Super Stoked. Now just have to wait till i get back from deployment to start working on it. But at least ill have all the parts for the build by then!

Attached Files:

2. olskool34

olskool34

Did you get a good deal on it? Most of their stuff seems to be on the pricey side. Good luck with the build.

3. I think it was a good price its hard to find half decent HAMB cars in Pennsylvaina

4. Noland

Noland

Cool looking Model A pickup. What are your plans Engine/trans,frame,etc.

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Whats the plans! Thank you for your service also!! Congrats!

6. as of now I'm going to build an extended cab or a crew cab and probably a mild chopped top. As for the engine and trans no real plans yet might do a basic 302 (I have one laying around in my garage). I'll make the frame and probably z its a few inches. I'm thinking satin teal and gloss black for paint. rat rod are ok but if I'm going to put this much work into some thing its gonna dam look good to! LOL As they say to each to own

7. Might throw a desoto hemi or a flathead ford in it. Just don't know yet

8. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Flathead gets my vote. Hemi would be cool though.

9. lawman

lawman

Good plan. You be careful over there!!!!!

10. 32dreamer

32dreamer

Sounds cool and THANK YOU!

11. Hmmm what would be a good rear to run for normal use that can take a beating when need be? I'm thinking of running a 9".

12. 32dreamer

32dreamer

9" would be a good choice IMO.

13. Southfork

Southfork

Or an 8" would work well too. They are usually narrower than the 9", unless you find a very early one.

14. I'll keep all that in mind. Thank You All! Update on some parts that I got in. Got a 39 Chevy truck dash and a cowl vent assembly I'm going to stuff in it from a 36 ford coupe. Also got B-L-C 682J headlights on the way

15. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

First Thanks for you Service! That looks like a pretty nice cab. This is one of my favorites hope to build one with my flathead motor I have waiting in the wings. Keep us posted on your progress,there is a lot of good info here to help you along.. George :D

16. Yes their is a lot of good info. I have a lot of down time right now so when I'm not at the gym chances are I'm right here! I think I get to average about 3-4 hours a day on this site.

17. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

A 9" out of a 77 or earlier bronco fits well.

18. I'll keep that one in mind. Going to have to try and ravage so junk yard for parts like a rear.im still kicking around the trans I want to run can't decied between a stick or auto they both have ups and downs

19. Hey All just a quick update my cab should be getting delivered tomorrow or the day after God willing that the snow stays away.Broke down and bought a custom intake for my 302 and i got 3 Holley 94's on the way. They need rebuilding. Also i ordered a new cam to help motivate me down the road.Got all the patches for the cab. Im going to try and get some pictures for ya'll. Ok and me to cant wait to see it! Its hard to plan a project from 7500 miles away but I will make it work.Think thats all for now still have to find another set of doors. I will keep you all posted as i buy more parts.

If i did my math right the 3 dueces will be enought for the engine.
    302 CI x 6200 rpm / 2/ 1728= 552 CFM

The carbs are ECG 94's so they flow 185 CFM that puts me at 555 CFM total
    Just have to figure jetting out and then buy the kits. Im going with laker headers too.
    I'm so really pumped! Talk to you all soon again!

20. Hey all Bill from Bill's Auto Works delivered the cab two days ago, my brother in law sent me some pictures so here you go. The dash is a 39 Chevy I'll make it fit. It needs patches all the way around, but thats ok couse I have them already. Now the wait till i get home! Back to ordering more parts.............. :D

Attached Files:

21. Got a suprise today from my family back home. I guess they thought I got a cd in the mail so they sent it to me. So now my Alliance Tag will have spent some time with me in Kuwait. Just a few short months I'll be back home and starting by build. My sister and brother in law told me I have a room full of parts from all the ordering I have been doing. Can't wait! Later all - Jerome AKA Fat Chico:D

Attached Files: