Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My First 51' Ford Shoebox Build!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brawal128, Jan 10, 2012.

1. brawal128

brawal128

Hey, I just picked this 51' Shoebox up for Christmas. The plan is to chop the top (5 in the front and 7 in the back), motor and tranny that will take me the distance, air ride all around, frenched headlights and taillights, shaved doors and trunk, ac, powersteering, and paint and interior. This will probably be a slow project due to the fact my wife and I just had our first child. But, it will allow me to learn some patience. If anyone wants to photochop it in photoshop, that would be cool.

Brandon
    Dirty Birds C.C.

Attached Files:

2. brownies72

brownies72

Looks like a solid start good luck with it.

3. throttlein

throttlein

Patience is key! I love 51's good luck with your build.

4. smooth50

smooth50
    from MASS

Congrats!
    My advise is to get it running and driving before you take on any major body mods. This way, you can still cruize it around while "in progress".

5. smarg

smarg

That car was for sale on craigslist in the area for awhile.

What drivetrain are you gonna run?

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

cool - I like the idea of cruising in it for a while before going radical. once apart it will take more time, energy and $$ than you ever thought. join the H.A.M.B. Shoebox club. search for all the threads you can find here on modifying a '51. I have a chopped '51 that is still not running after 2 years of now and then work. will sell when I get engine running again.

7. brawal128

brawal128

Smarg- The car was for sale on craigslist for a while. I waited till he would come down on the price. The guy was selling a 4dr and a 2dr, but I didn't have room for both.

Thanks, for the support. I have more time than money, so doing the alot of the body work is what I am wanting to focus on right now. But, Cruising it would be fun.

Brandon
    Dirty Birds C.C.