Register now to get rid of these ads!

My first 32 Chevy build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carl5Coupe, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Well its 12:30 am and I'm just coming in. The car runs great, fast and ready to roll. I will post a video tomorrow.

PS
    The cops didn't get me tonight!!! Sweeet :)

Carlos

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  2. 343w

343w

Just read through your whole build, great job man. I had a 31 tudor sedan back in 1980, it takes alot of work to build a Chevy (wood car)...You've done a great job in record time!

3. Keep

Keep

I know that feeling, I had to run mine a few times before I got it right.

On the plus side, if you have to reverse them, looks like you could just swap their spots in the line without having to re bend anything.

Congrats on the drive, a nice feeling when it all comes together.

4. Ghost28

Ghost28

Very cool! Nice to hear it is driving. I just did a long test ride in and around the block, and ten minutes after getting it back in the garage two patrol cars came snooping around. HMMM I wonder what that was about? :D

5. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Well its been a fun weekend raising some hell in the neighborhood. I guess its time to get back to work since there is still allot of work to do. The 1st run only comes once so Debby took some videos. The 2nd 3rd and 4th runs were just as much fun if not more. I need to hook up an exhaust. I think the neighbors are about to kill me.

Click on the pictures, they are videos of the run.

Coool stuff man :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

Wicked cool man!

7. chopper526

chopper526
    from Phila., PA

Carl, I don't know how you do it! Nice video too. How about some video in the daylight, don't worry about the cops, just tell them you know me.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  8. ah haha ha aha ha man - Cool videos - Sounds like a hot rod. Great watchin you run around. Loved the ride holding the spot light. Crazy man Crazy

9. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Things are looking good. I think its time to remove the body since I have just about all the prep work done on the frame eccept the shock towers. I will install them and get to work on painting the frame. Then I plan on working on the floor pan and body work. My dad will be in town on the 24th so I better step it up. He wants to go for a ride.

Tudor hooked me up with some killer headlights and front shocks so that will follow when the body goes back on.
    Thanks Bud, you have helped me in so many ways. :)

10. oldman2

oldman2

Carl, been following since day one, you've come a long way in a short time, I enjoy you updates. Keep plugging along.....Jim

11. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Thanks for the support Oldman
    I will post another video tonight of it in the daylight. It's ripping pretty good for an old motor. Shocks and ballanced tires will be nice.

We are removing the body tonight so I can get started on the frame finishes.

HERE WE GO!!!!!!

12. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Here are a few shots taken today. Its more fun ridding than working on it but I have to get it to where I go more than just down the road.

These are Videos so click on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

damn fine work!!!!!! I'm envious of your progress

14. Plung

Plung
    from San Diego

15. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

So here I am again, back on the frame. I have most of the stuff done but the shock mounts. That's what I'm going to do this week and next along with painting and aligning the axels. so I have 23 days to get it rolling again befor Dad shows up.

I guess I better get to work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. oldman2

oldman2

Videos were great, sounds real good. I have all the confidence that you will get it done. (easy for me to say isn't it, ha ha) Keep us posted.....Jim

17. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Don't know how I missed this thread. You and Deb got my utmost respect Carl. Thanks for the hospitality.

18. Sounds great, awesome build,cool headlight! LOL!
    Steve

19. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Thanks Dave
    We had a great time last week. Next time I should have the head lights on! (LOL) I do have your cuzy so your gona have to come back and get it one day.

I'm welding tonight so the smoke and sparks are cooking.

Come see us :)

See ya soon
    Carlos

20. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

The coupe looks great, nice job.

21. capten icon

capten icon
    from Lodi

just went through the entire thread. this is a bad ass car. i cringed when i saw the chop, just because im biased and like tall coupes. but it came out really well. great job! great vids. maybe im still too new to the game, but i've yet to see a tranny cocked at an angle like that.

-Pete

22. Nice Carl! I missed this thread too. I can't believe how far you came in the last month or two. Looking and sound bad ass! You around this weekend? We are running out to the swap Sat morning at Lanier Speedway. Like to catch up with ya.
    Tony

23. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Ha...keep the coozie. It's like a calling card. I leave 'em everywhere I have a good time.

24. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

I will beer there early. I'm looking for some tail lights, rear shocks, light brackets and rear tires. Slicks with white walls, maybe 8 to 10, wide. I still have a good way to go before I make it that far. See ya there.

Carl

25. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

So I'm looking at tires and I'm in a twist between some old fashion skinniness and this killer set of 35" Mudder tires. At least I wouldn't have to worry about speed bumps.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  26. Haha you did post it! Nice.

27. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Damn, that's rolling right thru a build right there...! Very cool ride. I'd keep an eye on Josh & Tony though. ;)

So cool that you are keeping the family involved, especially Dad.

28. What's this about no more burn outs?

sup Kev? :D

29. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

So one day one day
    When my rod get's running it's going to do some bad ass burn outs like this,
    Just wait, just wait.

Sweet :)

[​IMG]

30. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Ok
    So its been a productive past two weeks. I got a ton of work done with all the help of my friends and wife Debby. Its something to work to jobs every day. My dad is coming in town in two weeks so I still have some work to do before we can get down the road again when he get here. So I got busy and removed the body, finished all the welding on the top side and the under side,we adjusted a few things like brake lines and the pedals, modified the 32 light bar to work on the new frame location, made rear shock towers, one twice, made lower tube axle shock tabs with the help of Tony (Dog_Patch) with his Plasma cutter, that thing is cool man, and then fabed and installed the front shock towers. After all that i got tired and had to take a break. So today I came home and i did some Bondo work and painted the frame. Now I just mocked up the new shocks. I forgot, I took the motor out also.

I bought some killer head lights and shocks from Tudor. We still don't know what they came off. Looking fore some help here.
    Thanks bud

So here are just a few pictures we took. This week I will start on the body again, striping paint and welding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pictures coming. :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011