Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My first 30 model Ford build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brads MONSTER, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Fire in the hole! Good goin' man.

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Looks great Brad, but somehow I can't see the video. Pop up says make sure quick time is properly installed. Hell I don't even know if I have quick time, much less whather it is installed properly.

3. Dirty old man. I think quick time is apple video software.

4. image.jpg Steel in motion 2014

5. Brad,Glad I got to see you and the monster Saturday,that car turned out so cool,and ran pretty dog gone good,,congratulations! HRP

6. image.jpg Here is another good one

7. Thanks for the pic A

8. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Ouch...guess you'll have to beef those up a bit for the big block/4 speed combo.... lol, or run narrow tires. This has been a great motivating thread.

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Brad,when did this happen?Or at least, when did you notice it? If youremember I bent mine too, with a small block and street tires! So far so good on the 2nd set.

10. Thanks whtbaron DOM it happened two weekends ago I was taking my brother for a ride then pop he said what was that I said it was the drive shaft he said how do you know that then I said it's rolling down the road

11. daddylama

daddylama

cool car! not enough A 4 doors around... they make such cool rods

12. Wow! IT looks like it broke the yoke off in the trans ?

13. Got her all welded up pics coming soon

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Brad, did you figger out what failed first and why? And did you make any changes or extra reinforcements to correct that? That big block has a helluva torque output. Btw, what rear end are you running? ratio? Get that beast all soted out and you oughta bring home trophy for fastes hot rod.

15. As best as we can tell the ladder on the passenger side broke first then the one on the drivers side after that the rear twisted up forcing the drive shaft into the bottom of the car after that front and rear yokes gave way then the drive shaft was rolling down the road

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

When I bent the bars on BGII last year, it was the passenger side that bent with the rear axle twisting upward also. Difference between bent bar and torn up stuff is he torque of that big block, I guess.

17. All welded up... that's good to hear. Right on.

18. Here are the new S&W ladder bars
    [​IMG]

19. Got my scoop on check it out

[​IMG]

20. Time for some exhaust

[​IMG]

21. Saw some pics of you on the track last weekend, must be all good to go again?

22. Speaking of ladder bars, is there a specific or rule of thumb distance between the upper and lower bars where they attach at the axle? Killer car.

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm unaware of a "rule of thumb",but I would say the wider distance the better, within the limits of clearance@ top& scrub clearance for flat tire @ bottom. Also need to triangulate or use Panhard bar when used with transverse spring or coilovers.

24. I don't know of a rule of thumb on ladder bars but S&W makes some nice ones just weld and go

Here are a few more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Here is a burn out

[​IMG]

26. Looks like it 2 for the BBC and 0 for the drive train Saturday before last ripped out 2nd gear

[​IMG]

So I picked up this real nice G-Force
    [​IMG]

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Wasn't the trans that gave up a Saginaw? Never used one, but have heard they weren.t as stout as T10, Muncie, or top loader Ford. I'm giving some thought to a change from the top loader with Jeep shifter to my other top loader with addition of a Hurst shifter, but would sorta like to add a Gear Vendors over/under drive at the same time.
    All that at once is a bit rough right after $3200.00 for the injectoir job on my truck, LOL!!!!!!!