Register now to get rid of these ads!

My finds this week.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mastergun1980, Sep 20, 2012.

1. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

SOme weeks I really do my best to avoid hunting old cars / old parts . This week I fell off the wagon. ( again ) I did pretty good this time . Found some good stuff.
    Day 1. I followed up on a lead that had finally come around. Made a 1 1/2 hour road trip with some cash in pocket based only on a crappy cell phone picture. It was a 26-27 t roadster - Not the best one I've ever had but I got a good price. The lady had gotten it on land she inherited from her father. She was told he ownde it since the 60's. I dont think it was eve finished but it had a 6" or so channel job. It was using a 35-48 banjo rear ( or at least simalarlly spaced transverse spring on another rear. She thinks she might be able to find the frame. So far I only bought the body ( doors and hammered deck lid ) . This might lead to something else she mentioned a ford coupe that was real curvy....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Day 2 - I was privlaged to pick over an old restores parts room again, but probablly for the last time - Of the 6 flathead v8's I think I got the best 2 along with some hubs and a 39 top loader top cover .
    [​IMG]]
    [​IMG]
    the 59-a motor turns over but has a few valves that are stuck open .I got pretty much all the hard parts I'll need with it. The bare block is either a 39-41 merc or 39-41 truck block and apperas crack free . I got 2 front hubd 40-48 - 1 rear 40-48 and - 37-39 front hub . There ws some other stuff that i made an offer on but it was turrned down . I kinda think the building will collapse ( which is not far off ) before anything else will be saved. I tried to buy it all but had to settle for thid load!

Keep looking guys If I can find this kind of stuff so can you!

2. Looks like you had a real good day . A curvy Ford coupe you say ? My mind goes to 1939, 1940. Keep at it .

3. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

you did well , whats all the stuff around the photo of the body you bought ? looks like tradeable parts

4. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Well, thats my model t parts pile .... Roughly 2 1/2 26-27 touring cars with some other old junk and this killer mystery dash.. maybe I should post some pics of it to see if anyone can indentify it....