Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My FC Holden Mild Custom Project.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by X-F272, Jan 21, 2018.

1. X-F272

X-F272

G'day fellas,

Been a long time since I posted, or even lurked on the H.A.M.B., so I thought a thread was long overdue. Since my last post I've finished school, found jobs, lost jobs, bought projects (mostly OT Fords), wrecked projects, lost interest in a lot of stuff thanks to a long bout of depression, but 2018 is looking to be my best year in a long time.

A couple of years back I was planning to build a mild custom Holden wagon to drive to a show over 1000kms away in the span of a year. It was pretty ambitious, and after a while I figured out Dad's old FC (his first car) was a much bigger project than a 17 year old kid could handle with no automotive skills and a budget based on sporadic work at the local grocery. Fast forward a couple of years and Dad decides to buy a "parts car" for his wagon. For $1,250 he bought an FC Holden Special Sedan, thinking it would only be good for the doors, guards, bonnet, etc. However, once he got it home we found out the body and most of the interior was in pretty good shape, so he decided that I could have the sedan as long as he could use the better body panels and such. It's too good to scrap, and too rough and modified to restore so building a custom seems like the way to go.

Basic my plan is the same as my original, to have the car together and ready to go by the 2019 Chopped festival. It helps that I've done some Automotive courses, got a decent paying job and have a good buddy building a traditional A coupe to keep me motivated.

I'll post up the couple of pics I have at the moment, 11:30PM isn't the best time to take photos.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  2. Well i guess/hope you get to keep the doors. In the late 60s early 70s there was a yellowish FE/FC Holden custom in Melbourne . Built by John Comber. Well naturally it had rollpans front and back but the outstanding feature was the '65 HD Holden style front headlight treatment and HD tail lights. One real nice custom but can,t find a photo anywhere. That car looked so correct. Wonder if it,s even possible to find a decent HD front guard these days !! They were real mud catchers.

3. X-F272

X-F272

Yeah, I get to keep the doors haha. Also have a spare set just in case.

The name John Comber and a yellow-ish FC are ringing bells in the back of my head for some reason. It wasn't in an old issue of Custom Rodder was it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk