Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Favorite ROUNDUP Pic!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BLAKE, Apr 3, 2006.

1. BLAKE

BLAKE

For me, this one sums it up - SANDMAN and pals rolling down 183 outta Austin after the FlyRite luau, the official end to a great weekend.

Think they're having fun...?

BIG thanks to the Kontinentals once again... bigger and better each year.

Attached Files:

2. Zumo

Zumo

The boy in the back will grow to be a warrior. You know he'll remember riding back there for the rest of his like. That's great, one of these years I'll make it down there.

3. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

Stupid question, can you ride in a rumble seat in CA?

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

why not?

5. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Great pic.
    I've got a rumble seat in my coupe but I don't think I'd let my kids ride in there on the highway.

6. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

Shit - I did it when I was a kid, and I turned out okay!

(typing with nose - straitjacket limits hand movement)

7. Fidget

Fidget

Great pic! That kid looks like he's miserable!!! :D

8. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

I'm thinkin Junior needs some goggles.

9. 2 things...
    1. yes it is a cool pic
    2. little guy in the rumble seat is a bad idea... as much as i love hotrods i haven't built one yet i'd let my little guy ride in, especially in the rumble seat.. if that car was rear ended i'd hate to think what would happen to him.. if your running a cage, a serious frame and or some rollover or crash prevention fine, but ridding in the rumble seat of an open car is just stupid.. IMO

10. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

lol he's pissed the F off..

11. Here's my favorite,
    I caught Bob Wilson trying to steal Bass' bike.

12. SilentMind415

SilentMind415
    from Stockton

Are you serious? When I was a kid we used to ride all over the place in the back of pickups and thats far more dangerous than a seat that belongs in the car, like this one. It looks like hes in a car seat on top of that. Hes fine. People need to quit being the safety police and have a good time. Inless the car got rearended by a semi that kids in no more danger then if he were in the front seat....sheesh

13. LoungeLife

LoungeLife
    from Tulsa

Yeah - it's getting so bad that pretty soon you're not going to be able to go outside without a Gary Busey helmet protector-protector.

I feel bad for kids these days - they don't get to do anything, don't get to have any fun, all because a bunch of tight-asses decided that anything fun wasn't good for you.

14. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That boy in the back is already a warrior!! He's a super kid and from what I know about him, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dad strapped in the rumbleseat with him driving. He's already riding a motorcycle.

15. Geiser

Geiser
    from Massillon

right on!!:D :D

16. Good one!

17. Thats what computer games are for- keeps em in their padded room. :rolli:

18. I think what your trying to say, is the girl he had in the front, will have him tied to the rumbleseat next year, and Haven will be driving dad's modified.

19. RF

RF

That statement right there should tell you how assinine your reply was. (Actually, now that I see your screen name, well...) All the "IF's" over the last 50 years are now the "WHY's" that we call safety precautions. Before I had my son a couple years ago, I didn't think so much into the various laws regarding how kids are to be shuffled around in cars...or more accurately, how "not" to be. Now, I understand why.

I'm not putting down the folks driving the roadster, but the first thing that came to mind was, "Shit, there's about 3 inches of old tin behind that kid and whatever were to "accidentally" come into contact with it." Not being fixed, that decklid might as well not even be there, and the child seat would then act much like an airplane ejection seat.

Say what you will about being safe. The fact that you, me, and probably everyone else on this board have done way dumber things in the past doesn't erase the bigger fact that we share the roads with some pretty stupid people...stupid enough to pile into a rumble-seat roadster cuz they were too busy rubbernecking something else.

20. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

what holds them rumble seats open? weight of the occupant or a latch?

21. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

When I was a kid, I fell on my head at least once a week...didn't hurt me. Let the kids have some fun, and they wouldn't grow up to be the assholes that so many kids are these days...................Didn't your old man say that about us?................hehehe

22. Whitey

Whitey
    from T-Town

as much as i love hotrods i haven't built one yet i'd let my little guy ride in...

Then build safe ones! Hot Rods can be cool and safe at the same time. I grew up in the back seat of Pops hot rod. He builds safe cars, and he drives them. I can't tell you how many Saturday mornings I would wake up with my blanket and pillow in the back seat of his '39 on the road to some show or swap meet. He's helping me build my first one, and it will be safe to go anywhere I want to go and look cool too.

23. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

Thats a great shot. Leave the kid alone and let him have some fun for Gods sake.

None of these cars we have here are going to be as safe as a Volvo! Whats the guy suposed to do put a 12 point cage and air bags in his car?

If you're building cars you won't let your kids ride in you're in the wrong hobby. Especialy if you spend as much time with these cars as most people on here do.

That kid is going to have fond memories of riding in that rumble seat for the rest of his life, insert obvious comeback here.

I wouldn't want to deprive my Boy of the memories of riding with Dad, me, in his cars. Those are some of my fondest memories as a kid.

It does look like he could have benifitted from some shades though!

Cool pic, cool kid.

24. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

well ok then....it was a pretty good photo of people having fun.

I'd say put the little dude in a closet & never let him out, he be real safe in there.

25. BLAKE

BLAKE

Jeez... this drama is NOT what I had in mind when I posted that pic... but I'll play along.

There are 7 potentially deadly items located in this pic of LURCH's kick-ass pickup, taken Friday rolling out to Austin.

Can you locate them?

A bottle of Tito's vodka to the first one who names them all!

Attached Files:

26. G Griffin

G Griffin

Damn Blake, lookit all the shee-it you stirred up from these law-abidin' folks!

Bad-ass pic by the way:D .
    I think it sums up the weekend nicely.
    We had a freakin' blast!!

G.

27. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

who cares it looks kool to me

28. bluebrian

bluebrian
    from dallas

Tyler, that pic is badass. Thats going in my archives.

29. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

Cool pics. Padded dashes, safety glass, airbags, etc. I blame these for all the crappy drivers on the road today. People were better drivers before all this.

30. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Well them aircleaner thingies look pretty sharp. If a feller weren't careful he could put an eye out.