Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Favorite LoneStar RoundUp Garage Crawl Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Reggie, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Skot for these pics! I had no idea this was happening. No wonder you guys were a bit behind us. Looks like a few got into Gary's Septic System.

Attached Files:

2. slim53

slim53

That looks like an absolute riot!!! No one brought chains? :rolleyes: slim

3. texastramp

texastramp

Reggie, No one got in the Septic system, they were down toward the road ........ just a few ruts to bounce over with the lawn mower now and my Lady does that .....

Man ya should have heard it down there when they were getting unstuck. That Chevy pickup with all those blowers sounded like a helicopter was taking off. Sounded cool as hell from where I was standing.

What a great day it was.

Gary

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:D Those photos are great :D
    They were parked just on the other side of the tree from us. My passengers in the minivan rental were kinda worried about me pulling onto the grass cuz it looked alittle soft. I guess we had more weight in our vechicle cuz we didn't have a probelm.:D

Glad to hear the owner of the property didn't get upset;)

I [​IMG] Gary

5. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

that was crazy. the front tires were sinking to the axles, insane. yeah , that truck is bad!

looks like proof that the Road Burners five window coupe made it to Texas....and got stuck!

6. Rusty

Rusty

Awesome. Grass from Garys yard made it through on car washing and all the way back to Dallas stuck in the Wishbone. Kinda funny. Sorry Gary for the ruts if the weather was not so bad I am sure a 100% apology would have been granted. Thanks so much for letting us come out every year, Sorry

Rusty

7. junkbrick

junkbrick

I was wondering when some of the "stuck in the mud" pics were going to surface...there is always a story behind an adventure.

But first I got to thank Reggie for a great time, last year was my first time out to Austin and I made the "crawl" then and told myself that I would not miss it as long as he is doing it! So a big thanks from me for a great host, and many thanks to everybody that let us come check out there shops.

Well, for my adventure...that is my '36 PU that is stuck in the mud....It all started with a dead generator and battery...so I had to get jumped off :eek:....then here I am stuck...and I am thinking that this is kinda fun, but how am I gonna get out? As you can see I got a little help. Thanks guys.

....now somewhere in the beginning of the fiasco....Danny (Dirty2) shot a picture of me, as I am sitting there helpless, with this mischievous grin, and I am thinking, "man, when is this gonna show up on the HAMB?!"...anyway I figured all is OK when I saw him stuck...and then there is the fact that he ran outta gas earlier....What a relief, I was expecting to pay him a pretty penny for that pic :D! Danny, it was cool to see you and Rusty again this year, and when are we gonna get started on those top secret "upgrades" to Cynthia?!!

Man, I had a blast!

--reed

8. wow! - thats exactly why we moved the show to the Expo center at the last minute - imagine this times 700.... uh yeah...

9. NoSurf

NoSurf

HA HA- good times- good times. (Sorry I missed all the fun, I was busy getting gas so I wouldn't run out again.)

Thanks to Reggie- an awesome time.

And thanks to Gary for letting us stop in.

10. texastramp

texastramp

Hey, I thank every one of you that was here for the interest and enthusiasm to drive and slide and stomp "and push" through the mud and rain to get here. Even fix a flat tire outside in the rain. No way to tell ya how great if feels to see guys and gals from all over this country. Wish I could find the time to shoot the bull with ya'll one by one ....... shoot I only had time to grab one Cookie ........... thanks Denise!!!

..... maybe next year...........

Gary

11. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gary, thanks for having us bud!

I hate I missed the helicopter taking off. I'd been wanting to hear Reed's twin-turbo'd flathead all day. That's one bad truck. I think those Alabama boys stumbled on a truckload of turbochargers.....they had them on EVERYTHING....even on Kustom52's modified. Boys, don't think we didn't notice yall in the fast lane!!

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There will always be cookies for you when I come to visit. Next time I'll have to make you your own special stash in a little baggie and slide it to you on the side when no one else is looking.;) :D

13. Thanks for the great hospitality Gary. That's Gary of Gary's Fix A Flat right? I won't say who had a flat, but I will say that we were fixed and on the road in time to beat several other cars to Duke's. I had the advantage of spending the day with a seasoned road tourer who never skipped a beat and wouldn't let a minor thing like a nail get between us and our BBQ:)

Dennis

Attached Files:

14. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I have to apologize for the ruts. I saw car trouble and stopped to help, then noticed the sinking biasplys. I jumped out to push the helicopter powerd p/u ( and of course, stopped to take a pic ), then pushed out dirty2. I then had to beg for help out myself, I had to promise no more pics of stuck hot rods.

Thank you Gary, for letting us into your shop. That was an honor. WOW, to actually see Jimmy's latest custom . I cant wait to see how the other projects look when done.

What a day, thank you Reggie and Gary and all those that helped put this on.

jeff

15. Dirty2

Dirty2

Lets see what I got . And SORRY Gary for the ruts..
    Danny

Attached Files:

16. texastramp

texastramp

When I grow up I wanta be a "HOTRODDER" just like Norm !!!

17. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

You'd be hard pressed to find somebody on this board that didn't want to be a hottrodder just like Norm!

18. texastramp

texastramp

Hey junkbrick ..........sorry for calling your pickup a "Chevy" .......

Like Reggie said, it looks like ya'll run onto a stash of Turbochargers. I was just wondering if you had the bugs worked out for the long haul ......... I love those suckers but have never had good luck making them work long time without a lot of hassle ..... just wondering.

19. texastramp

texastramp

Norm even knew the right amount of air pressure for the tire........ he said it felt just right and I would bet it still is as.