Register now to get rid of these ads!

My favorite brake bleeder- this worked in 5 minutes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brian26, Sep 14, 2011.

1. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

This is nothing new, I've always done bike brakes this way. All you need is the fork filling syringe from parker tools (or any large syringe for that matter), a piece of the right size hose and there you go.

2. boutlaw

boutlaw

I've been "back bleeding" brakes for years. This practice is common in General Aviation aircraft, as the caliber is most often below the M/C. Troubles can arise when the aircraft has a hydraulic hand brake because the loops in the lines trap air. From my experience, it works great as long as the M/C is above the wheel cylinders/calibers. Great to use when the bleeding process is a one man operation. The new vacuum bleeders make the job a lot easier. Nice post.

Outlaw

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

You're gonna love the Speed Bleeders. Quick and easy with minimal mess.

4. There's an idea! Lots of great ideas here actually. It's good all this finally came out. You would not beleive the number of people in this area I live in that have never tried it. me included.

5. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

man i got a tbucket im building for a guy i cant get a hard pedal on to save my life.its got underfloor master and residual p valves front and rear.pump it 3 times pedals good.ive used a vacuum bleeder,done the pedal pump method,used the bottle full of fluid and hose to the bleeder trick.nothing works!i hate this friggin thing.i wonder if this is my answer?

6. 5632

You have never seen a break bleeder until you have seen the new one that Industrial Chassis ( Elpolacko) is making.

7. GREASER815

GREASER815

I read that power/pressure bleeding is suppose to be bad because it stretches the brake fluid molecules that are usually under compression but who knows. Might just be some more eloquent engineer bullshit..[/QUOTE]

Stretches the brake fluid molecules..? LMAO

8. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

There is this guy that set up a line running to a bottle from the slave cylinder that looks like an I V at the hospital. The bottle is like 5 feet above the master cylinder, so gravity is definitely working in your favor simply due to the pressure of that much fluid pushing down. Its cheap and easy with no high dollar equipment needed. Here is the You Tube video of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV78az6yyYg

9. lunchboxscuff

lunchboxscuff
    from Ojai,ca

Great post! You have saved my ass! I watched a video on this system a while ago and totally forgot about it!

10. Hmmmmmmmmm never thought about it but the high-hanging bottle should work great!..especially for the floor-mounted master cylinders.

11. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

I tried that - getting the master res. to seal was a bugger...

12. S.F.

S.F.

speed bleeders work good too, and probly takes the same time, or less.

13. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I used to plumb race cars & hot rods & I've tried them all. All I use is this now.

I don't bother w/ the chains & fasteners- I just use a big C clamp on top. Much faster set-up.

[​IMG]

14. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

Steves32:

I have seen the Honda dealer using something like that Motive Power Bleeder. At $50 its a real good deal.

Does it just pressurize the master cylinder and then you just open the bleeders? Have you found pushing the fluid works better than pulling it with vaccum towards the slave cylinders? What has been your experience?