Register now to get rid of these ads!

My father, brother, and my "Holy Grail"..the elusive truck that will never be sold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RobRoller, May 17, 2013.

1. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Great story and glad that you were able to get the truck after all of these years.

2. Catdaddyo

Catdaddyo

There is always Brothers for Chevy truck parts....

3. I like to see az fellows on here I know exactly where you got that A.D. you can get good parts at grumpy's off I -17.

Now that I live in Oregon and have just picked up two A.D's Oregon's definition of rust and Arizona's are dramatically.. In Oregon rust free is the same as Arizona's rusted out. I cannot imagine whats its like in the rust belt farther east.

Its a shame it got hammered but now its got a new life coming

4. partssaloon

partssaloon

Premier Street Rods in Lake Havasu has everything to build the truck from scratch.

5. RobRoller

RobRoller
    from gilbert az

Thats crazy the 54 gmc i have is originally from oregon and has only surface rust..It is neptune green with crazy cool patina, and the new to me 49 is some sort of baby blue not sure of the original color name and the oxidation is cool as hell. plan is to do some 15 inch steelies maybe cream colored with chrome spider caps, with 4 link rear heidts superride up front with either 350 or ls series motor in the gmc, then keep the 49 original as far as running gear goes..

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Lol, try to imagine what its like here in Hawaii. Its all about working with what you have. Cars and trucks from Arizona, New Mexico, West Texas etc go for a premium here because of the good metal. RobRoller I'm hoping the cab can be saved.

7. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Grumpy's is closed now, like I said a few posts up. I was shocked to find out a few months ago. Im definitely not a chevy guy and always felt I was in Enemy territory going in, but they always had Universal stuff for my 57 Dodge. I wish someone would just open up a "American Truck shop" for the big three trucks.

8. rob roller - you must have got one from the east side of the state, because her on the west the bodies get lots of air holes:(

Joel- that sucks about Grumpy's, I guess when the economy dropped the amount of people spending money on older iron dropped too. shame I really like those guys.

9. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Love this story and your truck! Best to you and yours!